Pulcher sling situation has caused me to re-evaluate my collection.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure about most of my spiders, but this "mixup" with the pulcher sling (see my other post) have led me to re-examine a few of my spiders.

I had a spider that I was told was a "P. striata" when I bought it as a 3 cm sling. This spider has matured into a mature male with reddish setae on its pedipalps. Well I found a collage that compares the ventral sides of the common poecilotheria in the hobby. (http://www.froschlurche.de/Poecilotheria-ventral.jpg.) I see according to that picture that P. striata doesn't have reddish setae on its pedipalps, which means the mature male in question is either a P. fasciata or a P. ornata. However the fasciata's prosoma underside is brown while the ornata's prosoma underside is black. If I am correct, that means I've got a mature male and mature female P. ornata. Am I correct?

I also bought a L. violaceopes "singapore blue" and C. schodtei as slings. They now both look almost identical, except that the "L. violaceopes" legs are darker and the C. schodtei's legs are brown. Other than that I don't see any difference. How can one differentiate C. schodtei from L. violaceopes? I'm having trouble getting a good shot of the C. schodtei, but is this other one really L. violaceopes?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man,that left pic really looks like C.fimbriatus.(shrugs)