Puking pede

vyadha

Arachnosquire
So i moved my white legs a few days ago into another enclosure because the orangehead roaches that id been feeding her left a strong odor in the enclosure.

About 20 minutes ago she was drinking so I was going to video it. Turns out she was vomiting. I filmed some more and the fluid was accumulating on her front legs.

I moved her into an empty plastic tub so I can better observe her.
She is no longer vomiting but I noticed that it is the pede itself that is smelling bad. Like a strong barn smell. If youve ever smelled an old billy goat or a big wild pig it smells like that.
Any tips?
All other pedes seem fine.

NYAN

Arachnoking
@vyadha and I discussed the situation on instagram. The pede doesn’t seem to be exhibiting signs of impending death like sluggishness or color change. I think it may have an internal issue possibly or a reaction to food? I really don’t know. The smell is really strange also. Dying Pedes will smell like ammonia or a strong rotting smell.

I told him to feed it some banana and monitor it. Later he can try a feeder.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Although I'm not knowledgeable about pedes I keep them but that's a new 1 on me. Particularly the smell.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've experienced that ammonia smell, always associated with a dying centipede. To try and save it, I'd move it to a dry cage with a container of water in a corner and if you use a top on the plastic container, I'd leave it off if it's tall enough that it can't get out.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Don't internal parasites occasionally cause inverts to vomit and smell nasty?

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I’m definitely not a centipede expert but I know T’s will sometimes create a frothy substance to clean themselves.

Is it possible that the centipede was doing that to?

vyadha

Arachnosquire
The smell is definitely not ammonia. More like wet billy goat.

Her behavior today looks normal, not sluggish or anything but no food response at all.

She’s in a new clean enclosure with a paper towel and some water.

Unfortunately my gf won’t let me leave the lid off.

The smell has subsided and i removed a piece of banana to see if that was masking it.

Thanks for all the support! Still monitoring.

Trying to contact the seller because he had another specimen that was ‘acting weird’

vyadha

Arachnosquire
Somehow she’s still fine. The odor has greatly diminished. Going to keep her in the sterile enclosure for one more day.

I made a new batch of substrate after @REEFSPIDER told me that coco fiber can cause impactions.

Went with 50% peat moss, 30% citrus/cactus soil and20% sand. I like the consistency a lot.

Thanks again for all the support

vyadha

Arachnosquire
I’m definitely not a centipede expert but I know T’s will sometimes create a frothy substance to clean themselves.

Is it possible that the centipede was doing that to?
I’d assume that’s possible but no one has come forward who has ever witnessed that Bx