Puerto Vallarta

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am leaving for Puerto Vallarta in 3 days and was wondering what T's could be down there. I know there would probably be Brachypelmas down there. Could someone give me some insight and advice. I plan on going out at night, and am familiar with finding them in the wild(spent LOTS time in C. America and Africa) so i don't need pointers there. I will be equiped with a ultra violet light for the scorps. Thanks

~Ryan

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are you just going to observe? In that case just take a light and look for holes at the base of rocks, shrubs, anywhere lol. That sounds like an awesome trip, I want to go!

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ya i am going to observe not collect, I heard there was some B. klaasi in that area and Aphonopelma, you are welcome to join me.:)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Funny part is I have time to and the money to, but I cant get a passport in time. :(

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh that sucks, dang passports.:wall: I am going to try to get some local guides to show me whats up.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe they are changing that law temporarily... as long as you can prove that you have applied for a passport they will let you in and out... Apparently there have been A LOT of people who have had trouble getting passports in time for their summer vacations so they are granting a reprieve...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya but that is for like Mexico and Canada. and somewhere else I forget. Not everywhere. I dont think so at least. I remember hearing that now I'll have to go look it up.

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well when i took a trip to Puerto Vallarta all i needed was my drivers liscense. I hope you have an awesome trip Ryan, i really want to go back soon. I went to an all inclusive resort....didn't spend much time checkin out spiders, too many women to keep me occupied.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Forgive me if this is silly but I thought puerto villarta was in Mexico? so wouldnt that be covered buy the temporary reprieve?

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Brando, ya I have a feeling that woman may keep me preoccupied for most of the trip.:) I have a passport and whenever i go to Mexico they never checked for it. Although the Mexican government is changing the laws around so that you have to show some ID and/or a passport.

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I took a cruise a few weeks ago to mexico, puerto vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan. They let us go without passports but said if we didn't make boarding on time it would be a major problem getting out of the country.

I talked "T's" with a few locals, but never hit the countryside. Really thought about it though.
Remember, Mexican Brachy's are not being allowed to be removed from Mexico at this time. (or wasn't last fall when I went on the Mexican riveira cruise.) I checked.

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In Puerto Vallarta you most probably won't see any T's since the whole area is ALL about tourists (read: $$$) and local authorities tries to keep the resorts clean of bugs as much as possible to prevent old farts and grannys from heart attacks seeing such terrible stuff as T's.
You have to drive deeper in wild areas where instead of finding any T's you'll most likely get robbed.

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, but all you need to do is go visit a site like tripadvisor.com and do a search on it for tarantulas, scorps, or spiders and watch all the results that pop up! :)

They can't stop them all.

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, but all you need to do is go visit a site like tripadvisor.com and do a search on it for tarantulas, scorps, or spiders and watch all the results that pop up! :)

They can't stop them all.
Wow, I guess.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm actually going a ways north of Puerto Vallarta to a beach house that some friends own. I looked at google earth and it showed a lot of forest and not too many houses around where we are staying.