Puerto Rican Pygmy (Cyrtophylis porporicae)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Does anyone have any experience with this particular species? I just got one, but I can't really find anything about it except that it is supposed to be small and vicious.

Big Dragonfly

happymeal

Arachnopeon
C. porporicae

It is an obligated burrower, and requires higher humidity. I keep the substract very moist. I have it setup just like an H.gigas.

Hope this helps

Shawn

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by happymeal
C. porporicae

It is an obligated burrower, and requires higher humidity. I keep the substract very moist. I have it setup just like an H.gigas.

Hope this helps

Shawn
Thanks. I was keeping it on slightly dry substrate.

Big Dragonfly

Lantang

Arachnopeon
You might have better luck searching under
Cyrtopholis portoricae, as thats the right usage of the scientific name.Do a search on google, you'll find a little bit of links, but dont know if theres any caresheets.....?
Yuri

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i keep my 1.5 incher moist as well,it burrowed to the bottom of its deli cup and stays there.it eats alot,i just drop the cricket into its burrow whole.it hardly ever refuses a meal.they live on the moist forest floor of puerto rico.
Tom

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks everyone who responded. I moistened this little guy's substrate up a bit. And while I was at work, he made a cool burrow to the bottom of the vial. I dropped a pinhead in there and he was out of the burrow and on it in a jiff! Way cool!

Big Dragonfly

My haplopelma on the other hand, isn't really doing anything. Maybe it should be moister?