Pterror breeding etiquette

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I put the loaner male back in with my Pterror female since she seemed to be recovered from her molt, but instead of mating with him, she killed and ate him! I had already fed her a big lobster roach so I wasn't expecting her to eat him and I wasn't able to save him in time.

So now, how do I tell the person who loaned me the male that I don't think we'll be getting any eggsacs from this pairing?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly and bluntly.

They knew the risks and the chances of this very thing happening. Just be honest and up front.

Good luck.
I know it's a tricky sticky situation to be in.

"Ooooops,,,, about your pet that was in my care..."

Just take a deep breath and say it right out.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by galeogirl
I put the loaner male back in with my Pterror female since she seemed to be recovered from her molt, but instead of mating with him, she killed and ate him! I had already fed her a big lobster roach so I wasn't expecting her to eat him and I wasn't able to save him in time.

So now, how do I tell the person who loaned me the male that I don't think we'll be getting any eggsacs from this pairing?
in the future it is best to wait at least one or two months before mating a freshly molted female.
Ed

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, first you tell them that the Pterror male is on the stuck up on the roof...

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tell the person it was the green man syndrome.'
Say 'Yeah, you know this fall..doesn't seem like it would be so, but they're everywhere now, and I could not save your male however I tried! They are getting quicker and bolder, at least this year, as we have all seen; don't we all despise those green men ? :/ What? What the hell I'm talking about? nonsense?? .....suit your puny self then, I can't be bothered with people who pull the blinders over their eyes. Goodbye *click*'

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That does tend to shush people up Vys....
I tell phone sales people that I would love to talk but I'm getting an urgent transmition from the martian mother ship through my nipple rings......

They hang up on Me.........

Anyway.....

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy

I tell phone sales people that I would love to talk but I'm getting an urgent transmition from the martian mother ship through my nipple rings......

Anyway.....
=D
Peace,
Gillian

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nixy
That does tend to shush people up Vys....

Anyway.....
Right on :)