Pterinopelma Sazimai humidity

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
So i read some subjects about sazimai's care but most of them have different information.From things that i read i decided to make 4-5 cm substrate with half of it moist, will it be okay for the T, or should keep moist just 1/3 part?

P.S.
The one that i am getting, seller says its l6 Female, 1.5cm body lenght.Is it normal size for them at this molt?

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a juvenile, I just flood the water dish once a week, that seems to be enough.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just keep part of the substrate generally moist... worrying about 1/2 vs 1/3 is unnecessarily splitting hairs. Terrestrials from moist environments can basically all be kept in the same way, so don't worry too much about "specific" needs for this species or that. Tarantulas are extremely adaptable creatures.

Maslorez

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the responses guys ,just got the spider today.Hope it will goes smooth)

stoney

Arachnopeon
Just been reading about the care info. I’ll be owning an adult female in a few weeks time can’t wait to get her Picture to follow

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have two juveniles, and they do not seem to like wet substrate at all.

Of course, there is no harm in having some wet and some dry and allowing the T to choose where it hangs out. Maybe some prefer moist sub and some don't. It's a newer species in the hobby, so there is less info on them than some of the ones that have decades of observations about their behavior.

stoney

Arachnopeon
I have two juveniles, and they do not seem to like wet substrate at all.

Of course, there is no harm in having some wet and some dry and allowing the T to choose where it hangs out. Maybe some prefer moist sub and some don't. It's a newer species in the hobby, so there is less info on them than some of the ones that have decades of observations about their behavior.
Thanks for this info. The one I am buying has been kept on dry substrate. I do have some sedge peat and spider life but I mainly use coco fibre for my substrate. Not sure if the spider life is any good? Apparently the girl I will own is terrestrial, however I saw one in an arboreal set up. It’s going to be trail and error for me I think. Just want to have a happy T :)

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I also have two juvies and they are not keen on moist substrate at all. If I overflow the water dish too much they sit on the walls for days on end.

stoney

Arachnopeon
I also have two juvies and they are not keen on moist substrate at all. If I overflow the water dish too much they sit on the walls for days on end.
Cheers for this. I’ll definitely set up a dry enclosure. She is a big girl, been told they are terrestrial also.