Pterinopelma Sazimai Enclosure Upgrade Question

CreepinItReal

Arachnopeon
Hello all,

My Pterinopelma Sazimai just molted a few days ago. I attached 2 photos so you can see her size. I'm still kind of new to having a Tarantula (had some beginner Ts as a kid but that's different haha) so I'm not sure if mine would still be considered a juvenile or not after this last molt of hers. I got her as a wee baby in March of 2019. Anyway, I'm thinking she's grown too big for her current enclosure. I'd like to upgrade her to a bigger one now. I think I know the answer to this BUT I'm posting my question in the chance that I'm wrong cuz I know I'm kind of a noob. Do you think that the enclosure in the pictures I posted are TOO big for her size? I'm thinking yes and that it'd stress her out. If she's still too small for such an enclosure I'd like to at least buy it to save for her when she's full grown. What are y'alls thoughts? And if it is too big for her what size enclosure do you think would be ideal for her now? Or is her current enclosure fine? I just don't want her to feel cramped or like she can't stretch her beautiful new legs lol.

Attachments

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Current enclosure looks fine for a couple of moults, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Even if your T was bigger, I wouldn't buy that enclosure, not for any T to be honest. It's too big and also screen lids are both dangerous to Ts and they can chew through them and get out.

If you want more of a clear display enclosure, critter keepers are cheap and very good for tarantulas. :)

CreepinItReal

Arachnopeon
Thank you both for your replies and tips! Valuable information.

After what you said I guess I won't be buying that glass enclosure I posted then. The main reason I liked it was because it's glass and would make for a clear view of my T. Her current enclosure is plastic and all scratched up. It's difficult to get a clear view of her or see what's going on when I feed her.

My second choice for a future enclosure for her was actually a round Critter Keeper enclosure :) And it's not too large for when she's full grown. So I suppose I'll stick with my second option. Thank y'all again!