Pterinochilus murinus

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Look in the for sale trade section.. If there isn't a vendor near you shipping is a breeze.. If it's your first T or you only have a few beginner species I would hold off for a while.. They are fast, defensive and have a potent venom..

Not trying to tell you what to do or anything just giving you a heads up.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
FearNotTarantulas will ship to you, highly recommend them but they have a 45$ overnight shipping charge but they're great to deal with. I got a 1" OBT from them recently. If you're new to the hobby then I don't really advocate it as it's not a beginner species. Good luck!

Walker253

Arachnobaron
OBT's are super common. I don't see myself paying for overnight on an OBT, especially at triple the price of the OBT. Good luck in your search.

Timothy Wilkins

Arachnopeon
Look in the for sale trade section.. If there isn't a vendor near you shipping is a breeze.. If it's your first T or you only have a few beginner species I would hold off for a while.. They are fast, defensive and have a potent venom..

Not trying to tell you what to do or anything just giving you a heads up.
Thank you for the advice/head's up

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
Check the local reptile shows if you have any. I regularly see them at the one I go to for $10.

cold blood

Staff member
Check the local reptile shows if you have any. I regularly see them at the one I go to for $10.
And that's actually expensive for an OBT. I see them for $3-5 regularly...not to mention all of them given away as freebies.

OBTs are like LPs...stay in the hobby long enough and they are impossible to avoid.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
OBTs are like LPs...stay in the hobby long enough and they are impossible to avoid.
Agreed. When I first started I swore I'd never own an OBT. Guess what's coming tomorrow.....:rofl:

Along with others! I would never pay overnight for just an OBT. They're too cheap.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
And that's actually expensive for an OBT. I see them for $3-5 regularly..
Yea don't remind me.. I just had to drive 40 miles round trip the other day to pick up an obt sling for a friend that cost $15... I lf he didn't want it so bad I wouldn't of done it.. In most circumstances I would kick the crap out of someone robbing a friend this time I handed them the money :confused:...

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Agreed. When I first started I swore I'd never own an OBT. Guess what's coming tomorrow.....:rofl:

Along with others! I would never pay overnight for just an OBT. They're too cheap.
I was exactly the opposite. When I forst saw an OBT while doing reasearch for my first T I wanted one so bad but I knew it wouldnt be a good first T. I have a obt sling now of course. Its made some cool web tunnels. Im glad i got it

cold blood

Staff member

Yeah I swore I would never have a Lasiodora or an OBT. I currently have 3 OBTs and 3 Lasiodora and have given away or sold several others (I still haven't actually bought one)....its really funny though...new people love the hype surrounding these species, probably because their the target of most sellers of them. I could have 6-10 really cool species for sale, and 90% of the newer keepers will ask if I have LPs or OBTs....I just want to :banghead:

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Yeah I swore I would never have a Lasiodora or an OBT. I currently have 3 OBTs and 3 Lasiodora and have given away or sold several others (I still haven't actually bought one)....its really funny though...new people love the hype surrounding these species, probably because their the target of most sellers of them. I could have 6-10 really cool species for sale, and 90% of the newer keepers will ask if I have LPs or OBTs....I just want to :banghead:
I did get an LP as one of my starters, at the time I was being pretty cheap with the spiders (now I'll spend stupid amounts of money if I let myself) and LPs are super super cheap, readily available, and listed among many keepers I talked to as good beginner species.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Although I do feel bad for anyone relatively new trying to sell OBTs or LPs that they have done as their first breeding project.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Although I do feel bad for anyone relatively new trying to sell OBTs or LPs that they have done as their first breeding project.
Lol, I`m only glad that i never bred the Lasiodora sp.:D I had enough with the P.murinus. Fun to think this was not one of my first breeding projects, but because a lot have requested for the species, so i thought hell why not try to breed them. Now i have 20 almost sub adult of those things. Damn. I really thought that many more would like those, but nope. :p:D
It is without a doubt a beautiful species. But with a bad temper. And crazy fast.

cold blood

Staff member
Lol, I`m only glad that i never bred the Lasiodora sp.:D I had enough with the P.murinus. Fun to think this was not one of my first breeding projects, but because a lot have requested for the species, so i thought hell why not try to breed them. Now i have 20 almost sub adult of those things. Damn. I really thought that many more would like those, but nope. :p:D
It is without a doubt a beautiful species. But with a bad temper. And crazy fast.
Imagine a new keeper stuck with all those growing OBTs.....:astonished:

Jake Fowler

Arachnopeon
Ill buy one of those OBT's off you