• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Pterinochilus murinus

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P.murinus mating.

Male obtained on Thursday May 27th.

Female is over 5 inches in leg span. She is ROUGHLY 2 months post molt. Unsure if she is WC or CB. This her second time being bred. She gave me a good sac of 86 slings in August or September of 2009.

5-28-10: Male paired with female #1 on May 28th . Female fed 6 crickets the morning before the mating. They were paired in the evening at around 9pm. No special lighting. The room light was on the whole time. Male walked up to her slowly, smacking his front legs on the ground. Female was defensive at first, then realized he was trying to breed, and she started tapping back to him. He crawled up the side of the enclosure, their legs where barely touching. The female began tapping every 10 seconds or so. The male went in to try to insert a few times but couldn’t reach. He got at almost ground level and she let him go in for the insert. I saw at least one insert, and it lasted about a minute. After he was inserted for almost a minute, the female tried to attack him. I was luckily able to separate them with a thick piece of cardboard before she did any damage. The female ran quickly away, the male ran away at first, then tried to go back for more, I removed him to try to pair with my smaller female. I’m not sure whether or not I will pair him with this female the second time or not, I have someone else who wants him when I’m done, so I want to keep him safe. I may pair them again though. Im starting to think that the females size compared to the male’s is her reason for aggression, because my smaller female never attacks the male and they are almost the same size.

6-16-10 Starting to notice weight gain. Is that normal for them to start getting bigger in less than a
month?

7-7-10 Very noticeable weight gain. She has more than doubled her size since being mated.

7-14 -10 Female sealed her burrow and is doing some major redecorating. She clearing out all of her old web and laying down new web. She might be making her sac. Fingers crossed!!

7-21-10 Female hasn’t laid yet, but she has barricaded her self in her burrow with tons of dirt blocking the entrance to her burrow. She has been moving a little more dirt.

8-5-10 Female has started making her egg sac. I saw her constructing her bowl just minutes ago. Sac should be done by late tonight, or early tomorrow morning.

8-6-10 Egg sac completed. Female is hovering over it and protecting it.

8-26-10 Egg sac pulled. Still in the egg stage. The eggs look dented and some were moist to the touch. Pulled at day 21.

9-3-10 Eggs began to hatch into eggs with legs!!

9-25-10 Eggs with legs began to darken.

9-28-10 Began molting into 1st instars.

10-26-10 Began molting into 2nd instar.

11-1-10 Slings were separated. Most of the sac died before and shortly after reaching 2nd instar. I ended up with 27 slings total, not counting the handful that are in ICU. Not sure what went wrong. I will try a different incubation method next time.

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Successful? Yes.
Any special care or preliminary notes for the lovers? My female’s most recent molt was not recorded due to exuvium buried in tunnels and specimen not seen for a few months. I received a MM from xhexdx in early May of 2010 and was informed that he was very fresh (I did not ask for an exact molt date).
How they were paired: I coaxed the male into the female’s enclosure for the first pairing. The second pairing was a cohab setup with both enclosures open inside an aquarium with a screen lid.
Any observations on the hookup(s)? The first pairing took place on 05/15/2010. The male was very eager and dove into the female’s labyrinth of tunnels. I had very limited visibility. He exited rapidly in less than 5 minutes. The second pairing was the cohab setup started on 06/03/2010. I observed both in the other’s enclosure numerous times, but did not witness any hookups. They were cohabbed for 2 weeks, then the male was returned to xhexdx.
Any special post-mating care? No environmental changes were made to the female’s enclosure. I ensured that her food and water supply were adequate.
Time to sac: I observed that the female had constructed a sac on the bottom of her enclosure (by picking it up and looking underneath) on 07/23/2010.
Care of the sac: The sac was left with the female.
Time to emerge/hatch: I observed 2nd instar offspring on 09/10/2010.
The final details: The offspring were left with the female for quite some time. All were fed regularly, but the exact number could not be obtained due to possible cannibalism. When they were eventually separated, 48 slings remained alive and well. The female died due to unknown causes prior the removal of the offspring (she was not ‘old’, I acquired her at less than 1” ls in early 2009).
P. murinus cohab setup
The female came out to dispose of her waste and eat (you can see the MM in his enclosure in the background):

top view:

Both of their enclosures were opened and placed in an aquarium with a screened top allowing them to interact. It also allowed the male ample space and opportunity for escape if necessary.

P. murinus sac (through bottom of 1gal Rubbermaid):

macilacispiders

Arachnopeon
Pterinochilus murinus TCF

Mating: 20th April 2010.

Kokon laid: 04th July 2010.

Kokon opened: 26th July 2010. (L2)

First molt: 06th Aug 2010.

Number of slings: 200

There were no bad eggs or died larven in the sac

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Female last molt: Apr 5, 2011 - DLS at 5-6 inches

Mating dates: Apr 22, 2011
May 7, 2011
May 22, 2011

Sac drop: Jun 7, 2011

Sac open: Jun 22, 2011 - some eggs with legs

First instar: Jun 26, 2011 - some EWS started molting to 1st instars

Here is what we came into after we opened the OBT sac last Thursday.

Last edited:

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Female number: Pt_mu_9

Female's most recent molt: 28-Jan-11

Total Molts Since Previous Eggsac: 1

Male number: Pt_mu_33

Male's ultimate molt: ??-Mar-11

First pairing: 18-Mar-11

Final pairing: 18-Mar-11

Total number of pairings: 1

Eggsac found: 23-May-11

Eggsac pulled: 30-May-11

Stage of slings when pulled: Eggs

Post Embryos: 12-Jun-11

1st instar molt date: 17-Jun-11

2nd instar molt date: 2-Jul-11

Pairing:

With Eggsac:

1st Instars:

2nd Instars

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Female: Pt_mu_24

Female's Most Recent Molt: 28-Mar-11

First Pairing Date: 19-Jun-11

Final Pairing Date: 19-Jun-11

Total Number of Pairings: 1

Male: Pt_mu_23

Male's Ultimate Molt: 21-Apr-11

Eggsac Found: 14-Jul-11

Eggsac Pulled: 27-Jul-11

Condition When Pulled: Post embryos (EWL)

1st Instar Molt: 4-Aug-11

2nd Instar Molt:??-Aug-11 (I was out of town when they molted)

Mating:

With Eggsac:

1st Instars:

2nd Instars:

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
1 MM recieved via trade from CAK
2 Females both paired on 6/23/11 and again on 6/28/11

The biggest 4 inch female dropped a sac first which was on 7/27/11
The smaller 3.5inch female dropped a sac on 7/29/11

The first sac was pulled on 8/21/11 observed eggs with legs incubated until 2nd instar on 9/5/11 then seperated final count 101 slings
The second was pulled on 8/27/11 observed eggs with legs incubated until 2nd instar on 9/14/11 then seperated final count 63 slings

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince

P.murinus mating

Male matured on 09.04.11

Female molted on 04.06.11

Paired and mated 15.06.11 cohabiting.

Male is eaten. 22.06.11

Egg sack on 23.08.11

Sack opened on 23.09.11*

160*1st instar babies!!! (1 died right after opening the sack)

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. murinus 24 - 2nd eggsac from previous breeding.

Female ID: Pt_mu_24

Female's most recent molt: 28-Mar-11

1st Pairing: 19-Jun-11

Sire's ID: Pt_mu_23

Sire's ultimate molt date: 21-Apr-11

Eggsac Found: Sep-2011

Eggsac Pulled: 25-Sep-11

Condition when pulled: Post Embryos (eggs with legs)

1st Instar molt: 5-Oct-11

2nd Instar molt: 17-Oct-11

Eggsac

1st instars

2nd instars

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
paired on 4-26-13
let male Co-Hab until eaten
kept at 80*-85* and 50% humidity
2i on 8-5-13 (I didn't pull the sac, I just let the female do her thing. She was a very good mom)
Doesn't get much easier than that.
178 slings in all

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Breeding of P.murinus RCF
Female bought from the BTS show 2013 as an adult roughly 5.5-6 inches legspan,unknown last moult and payed £10.
Male was on Loan and was the biggest male I have seen at about 5-5.5inches legspan
Pre-mating care
Female was heavily fed for around 10 days,the male made a fresh sperm web the day before mating occurred
Mating- 10.06.13
Male introduced into the females tub,he walked straight in and stood on her webbing and starting drumming and shaking.The female crawled out of her bark to greet him whilst positively responding,this went on for about 15 minutes as they kept moving about but managing to miss one another.Finally hooked up for about 10 minutes and I saw good insertions.Afterwards,the male strolled off out her tub.No aggression from either spider.
Post mating care
After mating the female was fed a few roaches but she didn’t want to eat much.I could see she was getting fat though so I assumed a sac wouldn’t be far off.
Eggsac made- 09.07.13
Female started webbing a lot 2 days before the eggsac was made and I could tell where she was planning on making it the day before she did.She wasn’t fed atall whilst the sac was with her,despite her being very thin after making it.
Eggsac pulled- 28.07.13
I decided to pull the eggsac slightly earlier as the temps had been high due to a heatwave.Temps were on average around 84-85F but some days it was 89F.I put a torch to the sac about 4 days before pulling it and saw legs waving about,so after a short break away I came home to pull it.All were N1 already
Turned N2- 29.07.13
Slings- 12.08.13
Rough count of 120 slings

martin lees

Arachnopeon
P.murinus success

Pterinochilus murinus success

Adult female molted June 2014
Pairing 20/7/14 & a few weeks later(mm on 50/50 from Martin French)
Eggsack layed 17/8/14
Pulled eggsack 12/9/14 all EWL
Molted to N2 after a week
Molted to slings a few weeks later
Total 112