Pterinochilus murinus variants

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit lost between the differents types of OBT we can find. Is the P. murinus 'usambara' the same variant as the P. murinus 'rcf' ? There's just too much of these variants lol
Anyway I don't want to breed them but I want to make sure I know what I'm buying

I don't find a lot of information so please enlighten me.

Thank you

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
There’s a thread on here about just this, try searching for it!

If I remember right a lot of members weighed in on it extensively

Craig73

Arachnoangel
It can get confusing. I’m by no means an expert, but when I was looking for mine I think I recall reading the RCF had a deeper tone on the femurs that distinguished it from the UMV. I could be totally wrong though.

I would take @thatdadlife619 advice and do the search, there several threads and pictures. Use keywords like color form, obt, Pterinochilus murinus, etc. and you should find them easily in your search.

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron

ant ramblings

Arachnopeon
Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but I have just spent five minutes trying various searches using title only and it's not come up with the information I am looking for .
I live in the UK and have a mature orange female obt that I bought from a private seller as a sub adult and they just said it was an obt.
What I want to know is what type of variation it is ?
I have researched and asked various people but not had definitive answers .
rcf means an orange obt .
Usumbara looks like a slightly more orange obt .
But then I have heard there can be lighter or darker orange ones within each type.
Spider shop sent me a sling labeled obt so I think they have given up with the different variants .
I want to breed mine .
Can anyone link me to this legendary thread that has the actual pictures please .