Pterinochilus murinus "DCF"

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thanks but no thank you friend..i'm pretty sure that species will never enter my house if can help it. :D
Unless of course as a well meant freebie :shifty: :p
They really aren't that bad, mine is probably one of the most calm spiders I have (granted most of my collection is T.gigas and other aboreals). Little bugger won't throw out the molt for me as it is finally, after 3 years, over 2 inches and would be easy to sex.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They really aren't that bad, mine is probably one of the most calm spiders I have (granted most of my collection is T.gigas and other aboreals). Little bugger won't throw out the molt for me as it is finally, after 3 years, over 2 inches and would be easy to sex.
P.murinus takes 3 years to get to 2 inches? I thought they were a fast growing species?

awiec

Arachnoprince
P.murinus takes 3 years to get to 2 inches? I thought they were a fast growing species?
Im a dummy, always thought when chris talked about the goddess I thought he refered to a p.muticus not p.murinus. I was very confused as why someone was nervouse about keeping a shy fossirial species.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Im a dummy, always thought when chris talked about the goddess I thought he refered to a p.muticus not p.murinus. I was very confused as why someone was nervouse about keeping a shy fossirial species.
Ah, your comment makes sense now, :D
I have a P.muticus large sling, and with the exception of her housing, it has been easy so far.
P.murinus however....not my cup of tea, although i think the DCF looks gorgeous.

JordRaw

Arachnopeon
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates Did you ever find out if this is a true DCF? I am curious as I've just acquired a sling sold to me as a kigoma DCF and it looks identical to the original pictures you posted.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates Did you ever find out if this is a true DCF? I am curious as I've just acquired a sling sold to me as a kigoma DCF and it looks identical to the original pictures you posted.
There are 4 localities of DCF that I know of-

Kigoma, Tanzania
Botswana/ Zimbabwe border
Kenya
Mikumi National Park

Here is one of my Kigoma DCF for reference-

C34C8102-C3D5-43F8-9174-C426C37A9073.jpeg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is found Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. As far as I know I was the only one that order one of this sling on an import earlier this summer.

Wish these were available in USA , I do love orange form tho.
These are small tarantulas my aorange one is prob 4-4.5” nearly a dwarf T. And lightweight, lp must weigh 6-10x or more .

Add6LEGS

Arachnopeon
Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is found Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. As far as I know I was the only one that order one of this sling on an import earlier this summer.

Any chance i could send you a photo of mine...... I was sold an rcf, which i belive is the 'orange' one....

However its very brown in colour and has a nearly hairless abdomen :/

Unsure if its a dcf sling or an entirely differently tarantula

sasker

Arachnoprince
If you have a question about the identification of your tarantula, there is an entire section for that. It's better than reviving an old thread. Or you can PM the person you want to reach directly.