Pterinochilus murinus "DCF"

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is found Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. As far as I know I was the only one that order one of this sling on an import earlier this summer.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is found Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. As far as I know I was the only one that order one of this sling on an import earlier this summer.

Excellent! I absolutely adore these guys, they are so much more striking than the orange color form... So will we be seeing them for sale in the US any time soon? :D

basin79

ArachnoGod
The Spider Shop has an AF in for £60 here in the UK.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
What is the locality of these?

The locality is most important for murinus as there are so many variants. It looks like BCF from Tete.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is the locality of these?

The locality is most important for murinus as there are so many variants. It looks like BCF from Tete.
Watching this species grow from sling I've been having doubts myself as the "DCF" form. It's unfortunately for me to post photos of this species as "DCF" form when it could be something else. For many months I've been under the same impression that this is "BCF" as well. The spider was imported and was sold as "DCF".

This is the case that is one of the many reasons why I don't like posting photos of baby slings. I don't like posting something that is not true. For now on I'll just go back what I was doing before take photos of my specimens as babies but keep them for my own record. When reaching to sub-adult to adults I'll take the photos and post them once I confirm that is the right species or color variant etc.

This is frustrating!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Watching this species grow from sling I've been having doubts myself as the "DCF" form. It's unfortunately for me to post photos of this species as "DCF" form when it could be something else. For many months I've been under the same impression that this is "BCF" as well. The spider was imported and was sold as "DCF".

This is the case that is one of the many reasons why I don't like posting photos of baby slings. I don't like posting something that is not true. For now on I'll just go back what I was doing before take photos of my specimens as babies but keep them for my own record. When reaching to sub-adult to adults I'll take the photos and post them once I confirm that is the right species or color variant etc.

This is frustrating!
Yeah that is frustrating.

The DCF from Kenya/Zimbabwe is proving difficult to find. I see the Kigoma being sold as DCF here. Though, before I saw them in sales lists with BCF next to them. :confused:

I am driving myself crazy trying to find Kenya,Zimbabwe and Botswana.

Localities are often forgotten which is making things more difficult. :banghead:

Yours seem to look more similar to the P. murinus Tete* which is a great murinus with some semi arboreal tendancies and the same attitude problems as the rest.

.. one day I will have that true murinus... one day. :oldman:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

The DCF from Kenya/Zimbabwe is proving difficult to find. I see the Kigoma being sold as DCF here. Though, before I saw them in sales lists with BCF next to them. :confused:

Localities are often forgotten which is making things more difficult. :banghead:

Yours seem to look more similar to the P. murinus Tete* which is a great murinus with some semi arboreal tendancies and the same attitude problems as the rest.

The imported stated that the Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" that is being sold in Europe which is the one I have, the locality of that species is from Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. So it seems to me that Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" that some people are referring are found in different localities, with different color forms. I'm confused as hell right now so the best thing for me to do at this his point is, to trust what the importer is stating and watch my tarantula grow to adulthood before making any other assumptions.

I don't want to confuse myself any further just because I feel that it's not looking like it should with this species. Let's just wait and see it grow a bit more.

kamelspiders

Arachnopeon
Zimbabwe locality is nice! Still look for a male for my female.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They are soooo lovely :-s
You should pick up one (a cheap and easy to find orange beauty, I mean) and put near the Goddess :)
Thanks but no thank you friend..i'm pretty sure that species will never enter my house if can help it. :D
Unless of course as a well meant freebie :shifty: :p

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Thanks but no thank you friend..i'm pretty sure that species will never enter my house if can help it. :D
Unless of course as a well meant freebie :shifty: :p
Yes I understand what you mean :-s
However I have to say that they aren't the brute monsters always depicted in general... what's IMO impressive (and a bit underestimated) is their speed and more, dash ability. They are bolts, if they wants. But as temperament, my genus Ceratogyrus are by far more grumpy :kiss:

The Goddess? She's an angel, of course :angelic:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes I understand what you mean :-s
However I have to say that they aren't the brute monsters always depicted in general... what's IMO impressive (and a bit underestimated) is their speed and more, dash ability. They are bolts, if they wants. But as temperament, my genus Ceratogyrus are by far more grumpy :kiss:

The Goddess? Shes angel, of course :angelic:
I don't mind grumpy, but a spider who flips on its back in defense because the light went on is a bit too much. :D
The Goddess, well, Princess isn't hard to keep at all so far. She's happily tunneling away, i've never seen it above ground yet, but i'm actually glad she stays under. I love getting a tiny glimpse of her now and then :)
But i'm drifting too far offtopic. Sorry Jose