Pterinochilus murinus "DCF"

awiec

Arachnoprince
Thanks but no thank you friend..i'm pretty sure that species will never enter my house if can help it. :D
Unless of course as a well meant freebie :shifty: :p
They really aren't that bad, mine is probably one of the most calm spiders I have (granted most of my collection is T.gigas and other aboreals). Little bugger won't throw out the molt for me as it is finally, after 3 years, over 2 inches and would be easy to sex.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They really aren't that bad, mine is probably one of the most calm spiders I have (granted most of my collection is T.gigas and other aboreals). Little bugger won't throw out the molt for me as it is finally, after 3 years, over 2 inches and would be easy to sex.
P.murinus takes 3 years to get to 2 inches? I thought they were a fast growing species?

awiec

Arachnoprince
P.murinus takes 3 years to get to 2 inches? I thought they were a fast growing species?
Im a dummy, always thought when chris talked about the goddess I thought he refered to a p.muticus not p.murinus. I was very confused as why someone was nervouse about keeping a shy fossirial species.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Im a dummy, always thought when chris talked about the goddess I thought he refered to a p.muticus not p.murinus. I was very confused as why someone was nervouse about keeping a shy fossirial species.
Ah, your comment makes sense now, :D
I have a P.muticus large sling, and with the exception of her housing, it has been easy so far.
P.murinus however....not my cup of tea, although i think the DCF looks gorgeous.

JordRaw

Arachnopeon
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates Did you ever find out if this is a true DCF? I am curious as I've just acquired a sling sold to me as a kigoma DCF and it looks identical to the original pictures you posted.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates Did you ever find out if this is a true DCF? I am curious as I've just acquired a sling sold to me as a kigoma DCF and it looks identical to the original pictures you posted.
There are 4 localities of DCF that I know of-

Kigoma, Tanzania
Botswana/ Zimbabwe border
Kenya
Mikumi National Park

Here is one of my Kigoma DCF for reference-

C34C8102-C3D5-43F8-9174-C426C37A9073.jpeg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoking
Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is found Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. As far as I know I was the only one that order one of this sling on an import earlier this summer.

Wish these were available in USA , I do love orange form tho.
These are small tarantulas my aorange one is prob 4-4.5” nearly a dwarf T. And lightweight, lp must weigh 6-10x or more .

Add6LEGS

Arachnopeon
Pterinochilus murinus "DCF" is found Mikumi Nationalpark/Tanzania. As far as I know I was the only one that order one of this sling on an import earlier this summer.

Any chance i could send you a photo of mine...... I was sold an rcf, which i belive is the 'orange' one....

However its very brown in colour and has a nearly hairless abdomen :/

Unsure if its a dcf sling or an entirely differently tarantula