Pterinochilus murinus best enclosure size?

DeadPossum

Arachnopeon
Will an 18x18 floor be alright to house an OBT?

Do I need more?

May I see examples of your setups?

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Will an 18x18 floor be alright to house an OBT?

Do I need more?

May I see examples of your setups?
I'd say that's too large, my adult female is in a 10x10x10 enclosure and she has plenty of room. She made a small burrow in one corner and pretty much stays in it all the time. The only time I've ever seen her out of it is when she's depositing a bolus in her water dish.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
The magic key is 2x the dls. So something 10-12 by 10-12 inches is good enough. You can use the leftover space for more Ts

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
18x18 is too big in my opinion. They don’t use a lot of space

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Echoing all of the above, 18x18 is excessive. The T at adult size will be anywhere to 4-6” depending on sex, that’ll leave a ton of unused space.

18x18 sounds like an exoterra. Is there a particular enclosure style that you are already interested in? Glass, acrylic, storage container, etc. Budget plays a key factor in wether or not you want to build/modify something or if your budget is more flexible there are some decent companies out there that have some nice enclosures sub $100 for a T this this.

Also, a top opening enclosure will be your best option for whatever you end up with.

DeadPossum

Arachnopeon
Echoing all of the above, 18x18 is excessive. The T at adult size will be anywhere to 4-6” depending on sex, that’ll leave a ton of unused space.

18x18 sounds like an exoterra. Is there a particular enclosure style that you are already interested in? Glass, acrylic, storage container, etc. Budget plays a key factor in wether or not you want to build/modify something or if your budget is more flexible there are some decent companies out there that have some nice enclosures sub $100 for a T this this.

Also, a top opening enclosure will be your best option for whatever you end up with.
Thank you!