Pterinochilus Lifespan?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone!

I was just curious what the general lifespan of a healthy female Pterinochilus sp. usually is? I currently own a 2 inch (probably female, but not sure) sling murinus, and have preordered a lugardi and chordatus to my collection.
So I was just curious what ages everyones specimens have seen.

Thanks alot.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright this is a rought guess, but they definately don't live as long as Grammostola spp., Brachypelma spp., or Aphonopelma spp. So I would say around 10 years, give or take a few of course.

I'm sure someone with more experience on this genus can come and give a hand.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i've had a male go from a tiny sling to mature and die of old age in under a year.

dunno about female lifespan. it might be relatively short, like 7-10 years since the males live so lightening fast, relatively

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
a friend's females died around 7 years, seemingly of old age. he bred them a lot, though, i don' know if that shortens the lifespan.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello All!

As far as I'm aware the average lifspan of Pterinochilus spp is about 7-8 years...
The oldest female of P. murinus TCF dies due to marasmus at about 7 years +- few months. the female was never bred and was the single specimen these days in Russia.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
One more thing to point out, it also varies on the individual. Some can live longer than others even with proper care.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My oldest female P. murinus to date lived to be just over seven years.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wonder if their defense / aggressive / behaviour shortens their life ? as they are not know for being laid-back LOL %%% phil

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i wonder if their defense / aggressive / behaviour shortens their life ? as they are not know for being laid-back LOL %%% phil
Yes I don't think anyone will ever make the mistake of accusing the OBT of being a calm species!