• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Pterinochilus chordatus

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Pterinochilus chordatus {D Breeding 11-15-2006

CB Pterinochilus chordatus WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {D {D {D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Species: Pterinochilus chordatus (Killimanjaro Baboon)
Temperature: 82 Degrees F
Humidity:69%
Lighting Conditions: Dimmed

CB Male Pterinochilus chordatus Info: 3" Freashly Matured Male (Mine)
CB Female Pterinochilus chordatus Info: 4" Female freshly molted on 10-01-2006.

Method:
Male was placed into the females enclosure via cupping method. Female sensing his presence, made her way out of her burrow and found him. No aggression was shown by either of the T's. The female came upon thwe male and he started to push her front legs up. There were several insertions and the he lowered her down and flew right out of there.

Pretty textbook.

Eggsack was laid 11-13-2006
Spiderlings emerged 01-15-2007 (1st instar) no count yet

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Male hooked out within the last 2 months. ( used Timo Raab's site to help make certain of the ID of the male)

Female has been in my care for almost a year.

Placed both KK's in a larger 20 tall Aq.

while I was in the room nothing happened. ( at all no movement on either part )

turned out the lights stepped out.

later: came back they were in the same tank. female has crossed into the male's enclosure. male was at the entrance of burrow.

watched for an hour. nothing, nada.

went to bed, woke up to her eating him.

Hopefully there was some pairings.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Male hooked out within the last 2 months. ( used Timo Raab's site to help make certain of the ID of the male)

Female has been in my care for almost a year.

Placed both KK's in a larger 20 tall Aq.

while I was in the room nothing happened. ( at all no movement on either part )

turned out the lights stepped out.

later: came back they were in the same tank. female has crossed into the male's enclosure. male was at the entrance of burrow.

watched for an hour. nothing, nada.

went to bed, woke up to her eating him.

Hopefully there was some pairings.
She molted. :(

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My first breeding attempt :D

I paired my female, Rise, with my male, Berkeley Labyrinth for the first time on May 11th.
The male was shark tanked in the female's enclosure since he matured. Within a month, she molted. I fed her as much as she would take for several weeks/another month or so before attempting the pairing. I took the lid off the male's tank, and placed pillows around the female's tank to keep everything dark. The male was pretty quick to come across the female's tunnel web and start tapping. Pairing was quick and effecient, and he got several good insertions before she made a lunge for him. He made it up the side of the tank without further pursuit. I wrangled him back into his enclosure within hers, and put the lid back on.

On June 24th, we did the second pairing. The male was much more hesitant - he knew he was on thin ice this time. In the end, he wasn't quick enough for her... after several good insertions, she got the better of him :( I let her eat the male, and also immediately began feeding her.

It was but a few weeks later that she really started to look large. We moved locations once during that time, without any negative effect on her.

On August 9th, she laid a sac in her web tunnel - like a bridge, right in the middle of it.

On Septemper 7th, I checked on Rise to find her surrounded by cute little 1st instar slings :D

Aside from the risk of the female eating the sac, I now know why people pull sacs and put them in incubators! Trying to get several hundred .25" fragile slings out of very well done webbing is a pain in the butt! lol

Finally got all the babies out of Rise's enclosure... pulled the entire sac, with 5 stragglers that got their own deli cups. We have been working on sorting the sac... count so far is 207 or so slings, with another 50-60 still piled together with the sac :eek:

macilacispiders

Arachnopeon
Pterinochilus chordatus - the 1st breeding in Hungary

Mating: 03rd Sept 2010.

Kokon laid: 26th Sept 2010..

Kokon opened: 19th Oct 2010.. (L2)

First molt: 25th Oct 2010.

Number of slings: 169

There were no bad eggs or died larven in the eggsac.