psychotic new arrival

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
just got a 4.5 inch H. Minax today what a crazy t , thing is i compared my t to almost all the pics i could find of H. Minax but it dos'nt look like what i've been seeing?, okay heres what it looks like , it has strong abdominal striping(dull orange), its legs and carapace are also dull black, the t inself is a little leggy , just by looking at it i can tell its an asian species or a haplopelma of sometype(or maybe it is a H. minax), it is'nt matured yet , anyone know of a way (without a molt) to tell sex on unmature H. minax, perhaps through color or something, or do they lose the abdominal striping on the maturing molt because all the pics i see h. minax are of an all black t with a fringe of color around the carapace and legs, and males being more tannish in color?, well the reason i say this t is psychotic is it rears up at practicly anything i do, i was looking at it through the top of its kritter keeper and i touched it with a straw and bam!, within a split second it lunged at the straw and out of the cage onto my wall and just hung there(my heart was racing at this point), i careful got a cup over it and got it back in there but wow talk about lighting fast, ahhh i'm just gonna leave it alone for a while, sorry for the long rant but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks----Jeff

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Ive only seen one in real life before. It was a sub adult. It was black, with grey tiger stripes on its abdomen, and it was mean!

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well... you missed all the "what is a true H. minax" threads.... hehehe.....
I have a true H. minax female.. bout 6" or so.... she's jet black, long legged, and slight striping on her upper leg.... but thats all i remember.... i rarely see anything other than flying fangs.
there is another species similar but commonly misidentified as a H. minax.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Volker Von Wirth has posted a lot of information on the identification of Haplopelmas. Go to the members section and click on his name, then do a search on his posts. Most anything he posts is Haplopelma related and worth reading.

Botar

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey good idea botar thanks, hey mike wanna sell me that true H. minax,lol, well actually i don't have the cash right now, let me know if you ever wanna sell or trade her, thanks everyone--Jeff