Psychotic Haplopelmas

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For some reason, Psychotic and Cobalt blue go hand in hand. I am always hearing about someones psychotic H. lividum. Occaisionally, I hear about the psycho H. minax. But that's it. What about the other species of Haplopelma such as aureopilosum and C. paganus (H. longipendum)? I never hear these refered to as Psycho?

Thanks
Bd

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My two C. Paganus, or Longipendum, are very phsyco....They were even hadleable until I put them in their new housing, but now I can't even look at them funny without them attempting to bite and hissing all the while.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From my experience... I would put psycho beside ALL of them lol

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
None of Haplopelmas are psycho. They're all very happy and don't seem to mind me, but they might be testing to see if I'll try anything due to their calm attitude, no way. Even when I have to take them from the cages they don't give me any trouble, nice and slow, same with the thorelli, guess I might be the only one.

-Jeremy

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, my lividum is the stereotypical demon, but the aureopilosum that I got as a CB adult female, the guy who raised it popped the deli cup top, picked it up, turned it over, and showed me the underside. I tried it later, and got slapped by front legs, and narrowly avoided a bite, She didn't even stop to threat posture me.

Bill

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think the aureopilosum is just as aggressive as the rest.....or more correctly defensive as is popular to say. Mine has never been overtly aggressive, but you have to respect 'em. One time I dropped a mealworm in...... the T did not take it and as I picked it up with tongs, the T attacked the tongs, first attacking with the leg slap, then grabbing the tongs and proceding to drive and push the tongs backward as far as I would let him. I then cupped him and removed the mealworm. When I released him it hauled ass to it's burrow. It acts cooperative at times; other times I get the typical haplopelma vibe, " corner me and we will fight it out dude" !:D