Pseudouroctonus reddelli baby boom

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Went to feed my Pseudouroctonus reddelli (Texas cave scorpion) colony of seven tonight and got a surprise. When I opened their enclosure I noticed a female carrying babies, then a second mother, then a third. I then turned over the cork bark slab and found two more mothers, for a total of 5 out of seven. Not sure if they were pregnant when I got them or I just have two busy little men.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with about 100-160 Pseudouroctonus reddelli. Guess I see how many make it to 2nd or 3rd instar and then maybe sell some off.

Last edited:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Went to feed my Pseudouroctonus reddelli (Texas cave scorpion) colony of seven tonight and got a surprise. When I opened their enclosure I noticed a female carrying babies, then a second mother, then a third. I then turned over the cork bark slab and found two more mothers, for a total of 5 out of seven. Not sure if they were pregnant when I got them or I just have two busy little men.
Now I just have to figure out what to do with about 100-160 Pseudouroctonus reddelli. Guess I see how many make it to 2nd or 3rd instar and then maybe sell some off.
Wild caught are awesome that way lol

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Never raised Pseudouroctonus babies but I have tried Graemeloweus (used to be Pseudouroctonus). They don't do well at all. My suggestion is to just leave them (The babies. Adults do fine in captivity) back where you got them otherwise expect a 80-100% mortality rate

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
That is awesome! I hope they do well for you; we might need to use some for the defense of Middle-Oceanum-Um ;).

Anyway, send some to reddelli-starved SoCal if you can :D!

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Never raised Pseudouroctonus babies but I have tried Graemeloweus (used to be Pseudouroctonus). They don't do well at all. My suggestion is to just leave them (The babies. Adults do fine in captivity) back where you got them otherwise expect a 80-100% mortality rate
I got them from a online auction - I live in Ohio. So no returning them to the wild.