Genus Pseudhapalopus

Vogelspinnen

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Hi All, I got this little guy as part of a collection I purchased last year. He's mature at 3" and looking for a date if anyone knows of a female. The common name was invented by some brain surgeon "Columbia/an Bird Spider" which is totaly useless as with ALL common names.

All The Best, Gabe

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Wow, that's a beaut! Never seen one of these and it seems to combine the best of a lot of species :}

Ronj

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scolopendra55 said:
Never seen one of em before but they look like a mini Lasiodora :D
My thoughts exactly. Maybe a mini me!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just picked up this female Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus. Don't know much about the genus or species, but am eagerly seeking any information.

Last edited:

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I got one of these about 2 years ago. There's very little to be found on them. I haven't even bothered taking any pictures of mine either, just haven't gotten around to it.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The one I posted above just molted last week...

P. spinulopalpus

Last edited:

meyken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

Pseudhapalopus sp.blue Columbia adult female

Thanks to Dirk Weinmann for his permission to use his pics.

Michael

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice looking boy there Tom!
Hope you have a lady lined up for him!
-Chris

Grunto

Arachnopeon
Very nice T , pseudohapalopus sounds alittle like our Australian pseudocrassipes in that while its overall appearance is that of the base species they retain certain traits which places them outside of that species . Could be something as simple as the morphology of the tarsal claws which seperate them such as that seen in our crassipes/pseudocrassipes .

Australian crassipes are from the southern group of Phlogius (Selenocosmia), the northern and southern groups are seperated by the southern group possessing a 3rd claw on leg IV and no teeth (unarmed) on the claws whereas the northern group does not .
The northern group of Phlogius possess paired armed claws only , between 2 to 4 teeth on the claws of leg IV .

Pseudocrassipes possesses the 3rd claw of the southern group (aswell as all other morphology pertained to the southern group) aswell as the armed claws of the northern group which places it squarely between both .

like crassipes but yet different from crassipes essentially pretending to be something its not , hence pseudo .
Perhaps thats the same for pseudohapalopus but to be honest its all speculation on my part cause I haven`t a clue about this species other than to say ...they look great :rolleyes:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
interesting post Grunto , I know very little about this genus as well.

Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus

Later, Tom