Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus care questions!

Kat Maehl

Arachnopeon
Hey there.

I just obtained a P. Spinuloplpus. Well, really I just was walking down one of our paths and noticed a big ass hole. Naturally, as soon as I saw webbing, I knew there was a spider there!
I live in Costa Rica and own a 38 acre farm. My family does rather...

Well, so. Aside from a burrowing species, I'm not really sure what to do.

She's housed in a big Ziploc container right now. Yes, yes. There isn't enough room to burrow right now. I will correct this as soon as possible. But being that I'm not a very well off young woman right now, it makes getting a bigger place for her harder.

Aside from borrowing, what should I give her in the way of care?

Thanks in advance! And here are a couple pics!

Attachments

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
The same as most terrestrial Ts. Most NW Ts like this don't burrow in captivity. While I haven't kept this genus, I've only had a couple Ts chose to burrow. Just keep her "humid" with a water dish.

Kat Maehl

Arachnopeon
The same as most terrestrial Ts. Most NW Ts like this don't burrow in captivity. While I haven't kept this genus, I've only had a couple Ts chose to burrow. Just keep her "humid" with a water dish.
With any luck tomorrow I'll be going to a shit shop where I can get a spray bottle. That will make that easier. Some more containers for more spiders I'll catch. If only I could ship them to the states...

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
With any luck tomorrow I'll be going to a shit shop where I can get a spray bottle. That will make that easier. Some more containers for more spiders I'll catch. If only I could ship them to the states...
Just make sure there weren't any chemical solutions in it. If there were it can kill your T.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I know it is a bit late, but just in case someone else does a search.
I have an adult female. They like it a bit cooler, so she is kept close to the ground in my apartment. That's the best I can do. I rarely see my girl, she stays inside her burrow at all times.
Very skittish, but I have never seen any defensive behaviour. Tops out around the 4" mark. Not a great feeding response, but doesn't seem to fast for extended periods. Just a hit and miss feeder - eats one week, then not for two, eats again, stops again.