psalmopoeus victorii has arrived

MarksTs

Arachnopeon
This is my psalmopoeus victorii sling arrived safe and well but with a leg missing bit annoying paying all that money and there's a leg missing but it'll grow another 20170413_110922.jpg

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I would contact vendor to ask for a partial refund at minimum. But I would keep it and wait for molt as well.

Best of luck to you on this and keep us informed of how it sets up home, activity level, etc. It will be interesting to compare to other Psalms

MarksTs

Arachnopeon
I would contact vendor to ask for a partial refund at minimum. But I would keep it and wait for molt as well.

Best of luck to you on this and keep us informed of how it sets up home, activity level, etc. It will be interesting to compare to other Psalms
Yes will keep everyone up to date with this T I'm OK about the leg at least she's alive

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yes they only got one more and that was yesterday
They usually take great effort in making sure the animal is healthy and whole. Maybe the pressure was a high, i can imagine they got flooded with orders as soon as this species was up.

MarksTs

Arachnopeon
They usually take great effort in making sure the animal is healthy and whole. Maybe the pressure was a high, i can imagine they got flooded with orders as soon as this species was up.
I always order Ts from there and never had an issue so maybe your right they were rushing there was a tiny bit of substrate and the leg

cold blood

Staff member
A missing leg is meaningless...a discount?? Why, it will repair its self within the month.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have not dealt with this before. Has there been cases before where the leg doesn't regenerate?
I think the only time they don't regenerate legs etc. is when they lose them really close to a moult but even then they should regenerate with subsequent moults.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Is the regrown leg just like the normal one it replaces? Smaller?
After the first molt, the regenerated leg will be thinner, but after another molt or two, you won't be able to tell it had ever lost a leg.

My Phormictopus sling when it was missing two legs on its right side (7/30/2018):

The day of its next molt (8/14/2018):

Same instar but hardened up (8/27/2018):

After it molted for a second time (12/2/2018):

Stretching shortly after its third molt (1/8/2019):

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
G. iheringi male. He lost a leg as a juvie during a molt. Can’t even tell which one it was anymore
72A5474A-CE52-48C6-A524-3AA24EC2079A.jpeg