Psalmopoeus sp alquitran?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Do we have these in hobby yet? Can’t find much recent info on them.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I wish. Last I heard there were only a few in the US that they were hoping to breed. I don't know about other countries.
Being Psalmopoeus species it should be fairly quick if they are here already. The last post I saw was 2 years ago so maybe soon.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Being Psalmopoeus species it should be fairly quick if they are here already. The last post I saw was 2 years ago so maybe soon.
i have seen a more recent post. Probably like 6 months ago. As mentioned above. Garred Martin has a pair. Hoping that he is able to produce some, but i’m sure moat of the first few sacs will be hold backs or go to personal friends. Probably gonna be a while before they are readily available.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
@viper69 that was why i said in a shipping box. They are probably here the same way t. seladonia got here....

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I believe they're in the hobby in Europe, I've noticed that smaller specimens have the same Christmas tree pattern that is seen on Psalmopoeus ecclesiasticus that are found in neighbouring Ecuador (if I remember correctly, there is some debate as to whether this species should remain in Psalmopoeus).

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmmm, i am not fond of new speicies taken from the wild entering the hobby. But thats just me!

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Hmmm, i am not fond of new speicies taken from the wild entering the hobby. But thats just me!
But every species you own, whether poached or legally collected, got into the hobby the same way. Not saying we should support unsustainable collecting, but I'm not sure I see why it is always bad now when a new species enters the market.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes i know, but nowdays i think that we should not import anymore speicies

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I had a look around and couldn’t find any info on them either. Anyone know what country they come from at least?