Psalmopoeus langenbucheri

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will have this critter! I want multiples of every available Psalmopoeus there is.

Before I left the hobby I had the cambridgei, irminia, pulcher, & the reduncus.

Psalmopoeus are my favorite. Mostly for their beauty. The irminia and pulcher being in a tie for the #1 spot. They have such nasty attitudes it makes them fun to keep too! Always on your toes. No matter if you're cleaning, feeding or breeding. You always want to know where it's at. I know that's with all ts. But to me, Psalmos are wicked!

What T do you have that you think keeps you on your toes?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I will have this critter! I want multiples of every available Psalmopoeus there is.

Psalmopoeus are my favorite. Mostly for their beauty. The irminia and pulcher being in a tie for the #1 spot. They have such nasty attitudes it makes them fun to keep too! Always on your toes. No matter if you're cleaning, feeding or breeding. You always want to know where it's at. I know that's with all ts. But to me, Psalmos are wicked!

Jethro, my Pamphobeteus sp. Ecuador purple, keeps me on my toes. He's figured out that the doors opening means food, so the second I unlatch the doors he's right there ready to pounce on the unfortunate crickets the second I drop them in - or charge right out and help himself, if he got the chance. So far he hasn't been able to make it out the doors - but there have been a couple of close calls. I really should move him to a top-opening cage instead of the front-opener he came with. (He's named Jethro because he has one wonky fang that goes sideways - not that it slows him down at all - and somebody commented that it looked like he has "hillbilly teeth.")

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
One of my pulcher slings likes to play jack in the box....but other than speed and sudden dashes, they are not defensive. I had two irminia slings who were and fast and....grumpy. Like, obt grumpy. Actually coming from the other side of the enclosure to attack my tweezers....
But the T keeping me alert, or more alert is actually my MM B.albopilosum. He was sweet and calm...then he molted, and is now a striking, venom dripping speedracer. I thought i was bad during those times hormones rule me, but man...

mistertim

Arachnobaron
They seem pretty hard to find in the States from what I've seen. But I agree...I love Psalmos

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
They seem pretty hard to find in the States from what I've seen. But I agree...I love Psalmos
Yes, not easy now but some people are working to fix that. ;)

Adult Female
FB_IMG_1462004015240.jpg

FB_IMG_1462004020704.jpg

Smallest species of Psalmopoeus. Max 4"

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

My juvie stirmi pair will keep me on my toes then my Poecilotheria rufilata will when it gets close to its juvie/adult stage

Casey K

Arachnoknight

You love psalmo's? I can't WAIT for Psalmopeus victorii to hit the US!!! I'm gonna buy about 4-5 to start with as I'm sure they won't be cheap (probably couldn't afford more than that at one time, lol).....very beautiful T. You should look it up if you haven't already..... :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
You love psalmo's? I can't WAIT for Psalmopeus victorii to hit the US!!! I'm gonna buy about 4-5 to start with as I'm sure they won't be cheap (probably couldn't afford more than that at one time, lol).....very beautiful T. You should look it up if you haven't already..... :)
I cant even find them in Europe hahah

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
P. ecclesiasticus is my favorite. They're so fast. I mean, CRAZY fast. I highly recommend some of the adorable little zippers. The slings look like a Pampho sling and a normal Psalm had a baby, and they run like huntsmen.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
P. ecclesiasticus is my favorite. They're so fast. I mean, CRAZY fast. I highly recommend some of the adorable little zippers. The slings look like a Pampho sling and an Avicularia purpurea sling had a baby, and they run like huntsmen.
I just picked up a couple of them last week. 2 slings. Very fast! I love their little xmas tree butts hhehe

Casey K

Arachnoknight
I cant even find them in Europe hahah
I thought they were already in Europe (being bred)....or maybe Germany. I believe someone in Mexico (the founder of the sp.) sold them to someone in Europe....if I recall. I could have my facts wrong, though....that's how I remember it.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I thought they were already in Europe (being bred)....or maybe Germany. I believe someone in Mexico (the founder of the sp.) sold them to someone in Europe....if I recall. I could have my facts wrong, though....that's how I remember it.
I seriously hope you are right. I have been scanning through most German and Polish breeders and classifieds trying to find them :sorry:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I am attracted to them for the fact they are a beautiful, hardy, fast and generally defensive arboreal NW species that cant kick a cloud in your eyes heheh
they are great but not amazing IMO. i wish there were more colorful ones like irminia and cambrigei.