Psalmopoeus Cambridgeii slings

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Guy on used Victoria is selling 1" slings for $25 each or 3 for $50 is this a good price? I am thinking of grabing a few on my way home tonight

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Sounds like the regular price to me, with the added bonus of no shipping. I say go for it.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great price. I checked out the add and it says they're about an inch long already, so it looks like this guy did all the hard work of getting them through those early instars. And like Hobo said, no winter shipping fees, definitely worth it.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Thats kind of what I was thinking instant gratification plus I wouldn't mind meeting a local breader

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd gladly sell to anyone in the UK, unfortunately I can't send to the US, shame as I have P. cambridgei at £3, P. irminia at £5, P. murinus at £2 and soon have P. striata at £5.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tarantulas are dirt cheap in Europe I guess. But time to bring this thread back to the OPs original question and derail the hijacking that's taking place.
This is a question about tarantulas in Canada, not the British isles. For BC, $25 is a good price for p. cambridgeii that size.

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
I the guy gets back to me I am going to grab 3 for $50 unless I can convince him to give me 4 for $60 I want to increase my chances of getting a female, and I do really like getting them from someone local.

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
I have had a total of four of these - two died in their first instar. The two that remain are on their second instar - but one only has two legs on the right side of its body.

VERY hard to grow, these guys. At least in my experience. As long as it's 3rd instar or later, I'd say its worth it.

I got mine for free, so I was shocked when I saw the pet store one block down from where I got mine selling the same size slings for $30 each. 2nd instar!

Bjamin

Arachnosquire
Still no response to my email so I am thinking that he has sold them so no new t's for me right now

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have had a total of four of these - two died in their first instar. The two that remain are on their second instar - but one only has two legs on the right side of its body.

VERY hard to grow, these guys. At least in my experience. As long as it's 3rd instar or later, I'd say its worth it.

I got mine for free, so I was shocked when I saw the pet store one block down from where I got mine selling the same size slings for $30 each. 2nd instar!
How did one end up with 2 legs?They really are not that hard to keep alive,they are actually pretty hardy slings.( at least in my experience)

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Still no response to my email so I am thinking that he has sold them so no new t's for me right now
Let's cut to the chase Bjamin. I'm the guy with the ad. Now I did receive an e-mail from someone in Sooke about 4 weeks ago who said he was serious, arranged a meeting for pick up, pulled a no show and then was a jerk about it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that wasn't you.
On the other hand I have yet to get an e-mail from you with any kind of offer yet you claim to have e-mailed me. If you're serious about purchasing one of these send me an e-mail or a pm and we can discuss it and I'll be glad to do business with you. Don't go on here using thumbs down smileys saying you never recieved a reply to an e-mail you never even sent. All that does is cast a negative light on my ad and leads me to believe you were the no-show with the bad attitude that I dealt with already.

Last edited:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Let's cut to the chase Bjamin. I'm the guy with the ad. Now I did receive an e-mail from someone in Sooke about 4 weeks ago who said he was serious, arranged a meeting for pick up, pulled a no show and then was a jerk about it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that wasn't you.
On the other hand I have yet to get an e-mail from you with any kind of offer yet you claim to have e-mailed me. If you're serious about purchasing one of these send me an e-mail or a pm and we can discuss it and I'll be glad to do business with you. Don't go on here using thumbs down smileys saying you never recieved a reply to an e-mail you never even sent. All that does is cast a negative light on my ad and leads me to believe you were the no-show with the bad attitude that I dealt with already.
Oh snap.

Maybe it's better for everyone if you two work this out via PM.

Doesn't look good if you two start in on each other here.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No worries I'm pretty sure that is the guy because I still have yet to receive an e-mail from him even though he says he's interested. And I would have preferred to keep it to pms but he has decided to make a thread about the ad because he is so "interested", then posts false information, yet I haven't heard from him. And then he goes on to say that he hasn't received an e-mail back even though he hasn't even sent me an e-mail. He's obviously got an axe to grind. Needless to say Bjamin aka Robdrmla, I will not be doing business with you. That is all I have to say on this matter.