Psalmopoeus Cambridgei sling(1.5cm) help!!

Bassusteur

Arachnopeon
ok so i bought this sling and it arrived yesterday so far all good.
I rehoused it in its enclosure and then escaped so i had to do a hunt and catch it, as soon as i got it it went in the corner that you can see in the second photo and stayed there for a while probably stressed.
What worries me is that still today it's in the same corner and moved just a tiny bit.... it still hasn't explored its enclosure or anything and it's really really worrying me.
what might be wrong??
the soil is not too damp btw and there's ventilation on the sides too.

Attachments

Last edited:

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
It's difficult to be sure that the spider hasn't moved, unless you kept watch all night long. Recently shipped and newly housed spiders often take several days to settle in. I'm sure it is stressed from shipping and being in a new container. Give it a few more days before you start to worry. 👍

Bassusteur

Arachnopeon
It's difficult to be sure that the spider hasn't moved, unless you kept watch all night long. Recently shipped and newly housed spiders often take several days to settle in. I'm sure it is stressed from shipping and being in a new container. Give it a few more days before you start to worry. 👍
thanks for the reply, i will wait for a few days and eventually update the post

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's stressed, but that enclosure isn't ideal and it's not a proper enclosure. There are many threads on this forums for how to care for this species. I hope you can set-up a proper enclosure as the one you currently have isn't ideal and it will certainly stress out more until you get it right. Hope this helps.

Bassusteur

Arachnopeon
It's stressed, but that enclosure isn't ideal and it's not a proper enclosure. There are many threads on this forums for how to care for this species. I hope you can set-up a proper enclosure as the one you currently have isn't ideal and it will certainly stress out more until you get it right. Hope this helps.
It eventually started exploring the enclosure but i will for sure get a better one as soon as i can!! (This was only a temporary one)

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
They don't always move much. Also I'd lean the piece of cork bark up against the wall at an angle.