Psalmopeus & webbing

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So i've really been enjoying watching my P. cambridgei build it's webbing. However, it finally started tacking substrate into it today & now i'm curious about something.

I just assumed most made their webs downward with the opening at the top. Have ya'll had them web down with the opening towards the base?

Really think it's way cooler the way it's making it, rather then the way I assumed they built them :D I'm just simply curious.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My cambridgei's and irminias both (sp) have webs in which they add alot of strate and have multiple entrances, but most have a principle entrance near the bottom. This I have seen many times from slings till the reach 3" plus.

Once they hit 3" or better, they are out more and forgo webbing (unless they have a sac) they don't web nearly as much.

PIG-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My cambridgei is sloppy with her web.. She only built a molt mat.. Its still there falling apart like an abandoned building.. Web here & there.. Nothing to clean..

My pulcher.. She has done something almost as strange.. She webbed a little from the cork bark to glass.. The rest.. Is like web/substrate blankets hanging over a rack.. This is only at the front though.. Has a small opening half way up.. At the back.. Nothing at all..

The irminia & reduncus.. Both have extremely clean web/substrate hides..

The irminia has an entrance at the top...& two at the bottom..
The smaller irminias both burrowed under and has 2 entrances.. One for an escape route, the other to snag dinner..

The reduncus has sealed the top & only uses the entrances & the bottom.. Only uses one though.. Always sits at it.. Waiting for dinner..

Very awesome genus! :D Maybe I am a bit bias? Nah! Couldnt be it.. :p

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know where I got the idea that they usually had an opening at the top :? This is way better though :)

My cambridgei is 3" & is out all the time. Which is awesome because it's exo terra is setup across from my bed so it's a very pretty sight first thing in the morning :D It's webbing has been up for a few days now (just arrived last week), & it just started adding the substrate. I love the contrast between it's webbing & my pair of P. murinus.

Although my reduncus sling was out a lot also before it tucked itself away for molting.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very awesome genus! :D Maybe I am a bit bias? Nah! Couldnt be it.. :p
Yes, thanks a lot :p

Was going through the genus thread looking for web pictures & stumbled across the pics of an un-described new Psalm from last year. I want :drool:

Between these guys & taps, I must have all of both :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, thanks a lot :p

Was going through the genus thread looking for web pictures & stumbled across the pics of an un-described new Psalm from last year. I want :drool:

Between these guys & taps, I must have all of both :D
Let me guess.. Either you ran into a P. victorii or a P. langenbucheri?
I believe I read there are a few that are not in the US hobby.. :( The 2 named above are awesome! But alas.. Not available..

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Let me guess.. Either you ran into a P. victorii or a P. langenbucheri?
I believe I read there are a few that are not in the US hobby.. :( The 2 named above are awesome! But alas.. Not available..
The P. victorii was the only I really liked, although use of the name was being argued.

Although i'd like a P. langenbucheri also. Sounds like those are in the hobby, just not ours :(

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The P. victorii was the only I really liked, although use of the name was being argued.

Although i'd like a P. langenbucheri also. Sounds like those are in the hobby, just not ours :(
Yeah.. I guess I could have said not in the US hobby.. :( Road trip to Mexico? {D