P's and Q's About New S'lings

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P's and Q's About New S'lings (Now With Good News)

P's and Q's About New S'lings (Pictures and Questions)

Hi all. I got my shipment in from Swifty today. Got the C. cyanopubecens, A. urticans, freebie: Aphonopelma sp aka New Mexican Blonde, and extra freebie that he told me he would give me the next time that I ordered of: Cyrtophylis porporicae (Puerto Rican Pygmy).

1. I don't know anything about the New Mexican Blonde. How should I keep it? Is it an obligate burrower or opportunistic burrower? Does it have a species name yet or just Aphonopelma sp. for now? Anything else?

I'm not posting a picture, because it is too small for me to take a decent picture of, using my webcam.

2. Again, the C. porporicae is really too small for me to take a decent picture of.

3. Here is a picture of my new Greenbottle Blue. He seems kind of testy.

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is a picture of the Avicularia urticans:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is a picture of the urticans in his new home. Do you think that the vivarium is too big for him? Should I should put him back in his vial for now?

Thanks
Jon

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

hey great pics! I think that the viverarium is too big, do with the vile for now, I love the Green Bottle Blue! Sooo Cute!

Good Luck

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah James, I think you're right. I'm changing him now.

Ok, done.

Here is A. urticans' new home:

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
yup

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Yeah James, I think you're right. I'm changing him now.

Ok, done.

Here is A. urticans' new home:
No Problem:) I like its nice cute little home!

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ARGH!

I went to feed my new Avic. a cricket tonight, and when I opened its lid, it made a mad dash up my arm. For quite a while, I kept trying to coax it back into its vial. But everytime that I got it in its vial, it would run back out, before I could put the cap back on. Well, then I dropped the vial. So I thought that I would just let the sling sit on my arm, whilst I retrieved the vial, and when I bent back up to keep trying, THE SPIDER WAS GONE! :mad: :8o :mad:. Well, I have searched and searched and searched, but no pinktoe. It is really small. Hopefully, when I wake up tomorrow, I will catch a glimpse of it in the corner of my ceiling :rolleyes: .

On another sad note, I think that my Usambara S'ling is in the death ball. Hopefully, he just forgot to turn himself over for a molt. I think I have a better chance finding the pink toe though. Argh!

Today started as such a good spider day :( .

Jon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
man!

that really sucks! Avicularia sp. are very skittish, especially slings! Good Luck on finding your sling, and to you usambara sling!

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: man!

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
that really sucks! Avicularia sp. are very skittish, especially slings! Good Luck on finding your sling, and to you usambara sling!

James
Thanks James.

This Aviculaia wan't near as skittish as any of my previous Avics. When he jumped, it was usually from hand to hand, or further up my arm. He was really neat.

*crosses fingers*

Jon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
bummer to hear about your little sling. They are fast, and they jump unbelievable distances.
hope you find it.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know what you mean about the mad dash up the arm... I have gotten quite good at corraling the little buggers in a vial and capping it quick all with the same hand. I use the other hand as a blocker so it cant get around to my back where I cant reach it.

Also, I always have my shirt off when I deal with spiders... less chance for them to try and hide in my shirt :)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Chris

Also, I always have my shirt off when I deal with spiders... less chance for them to try and hide in my shirt :)
after last week's P formosa incident, I will be doing that same thing ;)
or sooner or later, I'll end up having to cut a GOOD shirt off myself!!! LOL

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
GOOD NEWS!

I was sitting on my floor this evening, dusting off the bottom of my geniculata's terrarium stand, I felt something on my arm. I expected to see a cricket, as I have lots of them running around my room, but instead, I see my Avicularia urticans that escaped me last week!

I think that since he disappeared on my arm and then reappeared on the same arm, I shall call him Houdini.

Oh I am so relieved!!!

I'm so happy.

:D =D :D =D :D

Jon

:D =D :D =D :D

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
after last week's P formosa incident, I will be doing that same thing ;)
or sooner or later, I'll end up having to cut a GOOD shirt off myself!!! LOL
Now you have us all picturing you playing with spider topless Holley lol chicks and spiders... not bad!!