Proper way on how to measure an Adult Tarantula (King Baboon Concerns)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Hello guys, been hooked up in this hobby for months now & still, i don't know which is the better way on how to measure an Adult Tarantula. I was confused in some care sheets concerning on adult T's like King Baboon, which is an average of 7-9inch in size. Is it on LS or DLS?

An actual pic. of my AF King Baboon Tarantula

Comparing with: A 9inch's Forceps. Am I right, measuring in Leg Span?

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The "proper" way varies within the hobby, but the most "common" way seems to be DLS. Unless the care sheets specified, though, it's anyone's guess whether the author meant LS or DLS. At least we can rule out body length. ;)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
The "proper" way varies within the hobby, but the most "common" way seems to be DLS. Unless the care sheets specified, though, it's anyone's guess whether the author meant LS or DLS. At least we can rule out body length. ;)
Ow ok. Thanks for the help.:)

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I must say if your King Baboon is anything like mine, just getting close enough to measure is a feat in itself. Aren't they awesome T's though?. I just wish they grew a little faster.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have never really figured out the Proper way to measure. So, when I sell something, I do one of two things...

I "underestimate" the size so they go "wow" when it shows up OR....

I lay a ruler along side of the picture and let them figure out the size!

0siris

Arachnosquire
quick google search turned up this: How to Measure a Tarantula

DLS seems to be the most accurate, preferred way.

Taking a wild guess here from the pics, but your T may be close to that 9 inch mark. Nice :)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
I must say if your King Baboon is anything like mine, just getting close enough to measure is a feat in itself. Aren't they awesome T's though?. I just wish they grew a little faster.

yeah..very slow growers. This kind of sp. patience is a must, its a virtue though. :)

After3Days

Arachnosquire
I have never really figured out the Proper way to measure. So, when I sell something, I do one of two things...

I "underestimate" the size so they go "wow" when it shows up OR....

I lay a ruler along side of the picture and let them figure out the size!
So do i, whenever i make some trades, i prefer to undergo guesstimate measuring, spec. this one, i rarely see them stretching there legs, so its really hard for me to measure them on LS. Unlike POKIES.

After3Days

Arachnosquire
quick google search turned up this: How to Measure a Tarantula

DLS seems to be the most accurate, preferred way.

Taking a wild guess here from the pics, but your T may be close to that 9 inch mark. Nice :)
Thanks man. I just cant make closed any measuring stuff, she's too nasty. Maybe i just stressed her out, when i force her to come out just to have a pic. been docile i guess.

Some buyers really don't understand why we sellers don't like to stressed our For Sale Tarantulas just to have a picture. Well as a buyers demand, will just consider the old saying "customer is always right". Crap....=)

That buyer will buy this one after seeing the actual photo,,,i guess. =)