Proper Supervision when Using Arachnoboards

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my supervisor, mr. moose:

keyboard cat knows what you are typing about.

and he is not impressed with your antics.
(yes same cat, the first photo is just really old.)

siiiiiiiiiiiigh, no moar pls?

Princessa von Kittycats, aka Missmiss, my constant supervision:
is it just me seeing things or is your cat a six-toe polydactyl? so's my boy :D

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll have to post pics of our kitties when I get home.
Mine is polydactyl as well! He has thumbs!

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awesome, more polydactyl owners!

I'll have to post pics of our kitties when I get home.
Mine is polydactyl as well! He has thumbs!
six or seven toes? mine technically is a 6-6-5-4. some get the extra toes on their back feet as well, mine just got what almost is like a dewclaw on his left back leg.

She is....I specifically chose her because she was both polydactyl and tortoiseshell.....she has quite an odd personality for a cat.
i really do believe for whatever reason (be it adapting, because my boy knows he has "thumbs" and uses them quite well to grasp) they do have different temperments, even with the wide variety you get from cats already. every poly i've known was a total sweetheart (albeit often quirky), even if some of the siblings weren't.

also, beautiful cat. i don't know about the actual genetics involved but ime i've seen male polydactyls much more frequently than females. and a tortie at that... :drool:

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My poly is a male as well, black and white domestic short-hair.
His front feet have six toes, and the back have five I think. They might just be dewclaws though. It's been awhile since I've looked at his feet--he kinda doesn't like people messing with them, like he's self-conscious about it (He's kind of a ****-you kinda cat in general though!). Plus, I'm so used to it, I don't really think about it.

When I got him declawed, the vet tried talking me into having his extra toes removed, but I was having none of it. I'm against declawing generally, but he scratched people up too much. I was fine with him scratching furniture, but people? Nope.

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
Mine has 6-6-4-4...and she really does use her front paws to manipulate items and grab, stroke, touch, etc people much, much moreso than any domestic cat that I have ever encountered.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's awesome.

I have had Lamont (the black and white kitty in the pic I posted) since he was even smaller than that little ginger tabby of yours. He fit comfortably into the palm of my hand.

When he was that little, he used to climb (not jump, but climb) onto my bed and come and curl up right next to my face and purr like an engine. Of course, he'd either be drooling into my mouth or he'd have his tail/butt stuck in my face.

If I tried to turn around and lay on my other side, he'd dutifully pick himself up, come around, and curl up the exact same way. He just HAD to be facing me. This routine would go through like three or four acts, in between which I'd try gently putting off the bed, whereupon of course he'd climb right back up again. Usually in the end I just to say heck with it and sleep with his tail/butt in my face

He's definately my buddy

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ha! thats hilarious...nothing like wake up to cat @$$ in your face. lol. but drooling in the mouth, i think that might make me want to puke...

I think that is their strategy to get what they want though, annoy the crap outta you until you fold and let them have their way, gotta love the devious little creatures.

Tank (the orange guy) was about 3 weeks old when we found him in a parking lot. he was so tiny i'm surprised he didn't starve to death. he barely had his eyes open.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Is that a Russian Blue, Dire?

Here are my supervisors.. both cats we rescued/adopted.

Ella (we call her fat cat) watching over the T's.

Jasperilla enjoying a lazy afternoon on my son's bed.