Propagating Ficus Pumila.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I want to propagate some of this F.Pumila, what's the best way to go about it, how long per piece and do I need to thin the leaves out
IMG_20200708_121037.jpg

Cas S

Arachnoknight
just take a clipping and plant it in soil. its a really hardy plant. the only thing is that there sensitive to change, but theyll grow back eventually. you may want to use a rooting hormone.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Very common and easy to grow around here. Is used as a wall covering requiring almost no care. A wonderful way to hide ugly bare concrete walls. Whatever you do, don't put it in a terrarium. Overgrowth and exudes latex.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Very common and easy to grow around here. Is used as a wall covering requiring almost no care. A wonderful way to hide ugly bare concrete walls. Whatever you do, don't put it in a terrarium. Overgrowth and exudes latex.
Hmm I tend to have issues with it rotting when I try to propagate it. I'm not too worried, I already have some of the variegated form in my dwarf tree frog tank, I want it to hide the back walls but it's dying off again, Everything else is growing well not sure what I'm doing wrong, that's it bottom right hand side
IMG_20200605_071415.jpg

Last edited:

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Hmm I tend to have issues with it rotting when I try to propagate it.
Maybe some sort of precaution should accompany the literature: may tend to rot on moist ground in low ventilation areas. ?? It is a climber, and very drought tolerant. In many places it stays green and growing with lush leaves during the entire hot season. No water for 4 months. Funny: I went for a stroll yesterday just to get some pics of it on walls. People like to surround their property with concrete walls here then cover the walls with vines. I guess I walked in the exact wrong directions. Didn't spot a single wall with it growing.