Promoting captive breeding

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
When they are caught, Im sure they are imported then sold fairly quick.
Probably, but it would be nice to see a documented removal from the wild and then behavior comparison. Either way, nobody can say anything for sure until we get some real evidence.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Probably, but it would be nice to see a documented removal from the wild and then behavior comparison. Either way, nobody can say anything for sure until we get some real evidence.
Are you saying you are doubting they are really wild caught? The importer has paperwork just ask one.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Are you saying you are doubting they are really wild caught? The importer has paperwork just ask one.
No, I have no idea where you got that from. Im saying id like to see behavior comparisons with documented removals so we know exactly how long they've been in captivity, and then recorded behavioral differences. Basically I want to see someone qualified do an actual study.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Having found tarantulas in the wild before, I can say the only major difference in behavior is that in captivity specimens are out of their burrows far more often than wild specimens. Otherwise everything is more or less the same.

Thanks,

Arthroverts