proly a noob question but i need help

Pendergrass

Arachnopeon
is just an exo therm light sufficient enought heat source for a Emp or should i get a heating pad aswell? im new to this and i want to make sure im doing this stuff right the first time around.

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Your enclosure should be round 85' during the day

Do you have a humidty gauge and a thermomeer in there?

If you do need to use your heat mat also, place it on the side, not the bottom:razz:

Good luck

Damo

Last edited:

Pendergrass

Arachnopeon
ive got a temp gauge its around 79 to 85 depending

i was tald that just a water dish was good enough for them

thanks for your help im going to pick him up 2morrow

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's the basics for ya, temp 85', humidty around 85-90%,4"-6" substrate, peat soil, cocoa fibre (mix), at least 1 hide per scorp, recommended 1 scorp per 10 gallons of tank, shallow water dish, secure enclosure (they will climb out of the tiniest gaps), tongs for feeding, cleaning etc, water bottle for misting and a nice flat rock for...errrrrrrr..well...ya know...wayhey whoopydoo{D

Everything else is (Ithink) aesthetics, personal preference and just what works for you.
Good luck

Damo

Last edited:

marcelo_987

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's what I was told when I bought mine, the pet store guy also said sand was a great substrate for Emps.:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

While you are at the pet store picking up your emp also pick up a block of coco fiber.

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's what I was told when I bought mine, the pet store guy also said sand was a great substrate for Emps.:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

While you are at the pet store picking up your emp also pick up a block of coco fiber.
Adding a bit of sand to the mix will help any tunnels hold up better, speeking of tunnels, I wouldn't put anything too heavy in (rocks etc) 'cause they might burrow under it and ....well, you can imagine...