Problem with pokie

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recently got my first pokie, a regalis. I got it less than a week ago from a reputed dealer. It seemed just fine when it arrived. Last night and today I have noticed it curling and when trying to move, it moves in jerks and twitches, as if each leg were drumming. A few hours later and i cannot see it moving or responding to anything. I am not aware of any chemicals and the other tarantulas are doing fine. Any ideas?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Is it moist in the container? Have you misted recently? It sounds dehydrated.. A very easy thing to happen to pokies.

-Sean

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Sounds like it maybe dyskinetic syndrome from your description of the movement. If it is then theres not much you can do, sorry.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It was misted when i got it, but not since because I give them a week in the dark after shipping. The vial is not bone dry and the sling is in an ICU just in case

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
should I separate the other slings that I got from the dealer? They are not showing symptoms though (knock on wood)

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You have them in the vial together? I've never seen my pokies jerk and twitche when they move, but they do when they hit my carpet. Anyways, good luck!

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no they are in the same drawer in separate vials

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just in case i would put the ill regalis in a different room. sounds like dyskinetic sydrom to me, too. :(

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Unfortunately it does sound like dyskinetic syndrome. I lost a P. miranda to that a couple years ago - I know there were people looking into possible treatments, but I'm not sure if they discovered anything that would help.
Ralph

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
syndrome

Sorry to hear about the T, it sounds like dyskinetic syndrome to me too.
May not be, but the legs twitching sure sounds like it might.