probably another noob move

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok so about half an hour ago i got home and i looked at my emp. and he was looking all dead asleep in a corner. while i looked, my mom said that it(i still dont know what gender my scorp is) was like this all day. i felt a little worried since recently i started using a heating mat after my heat bulb popped and i dont know if it would affect this. so anyway it hadn't eaten in about 4 days so i decided to wake it up(to check wether it was dead or not because i havent been home in like 3 days and i was a little worried) and it took about a minute for it to start moving, so i while i opened the enclosure and dropped in the cricket, it got into this crazy position that even i got scared, where he put up his pincers, and his whole tail was sticking almost straight up like a pole. i didnt even dare to go near it so i threw the cricket in front of it and he didnt eat it, again i threw it to him and he snatched it, he just basically put the crick halfway into its mouth and got ready to strike something, i left it alone and i got on to tell you this, right now hes still pretty pissed(as i imagine)

so can you guys share your opinion on this, because im pretty sure i should have left it alone and fed it tomorrow.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man your scorps fine, what would be different if u waited till tomarrow anyways?:?

if you scorp is resting and u pick a cricket in there or "wake it up" then well, its not a big deal what-so-ever. Im confused what your asking

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
man your scorps fine, what would be different if u waited till tomarrow anyways?:?

if you scorp is resting and u pick a cricket in there or "wake it up" then well, its not a big deal what-so-ever. Im confused what your asking
like maybe i stressed it while i woke it up

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thats not a stress compared to its natural habitat, like snakes looking for meals, large lizards that loves inverts, mammals like foxes or wolves that also take meal over scorps, some meercat that also loves inverts.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just a regular threat / defensive posture. My male emp does that all the time if I so much as stick my hand in the tank.

Side note: if you want to sex it, get it into a clear container and take a look at the underside, then compare it to this.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just a regular threat / defensive posture. My male emp does that all the time if I so much as stick my hand in the tank.

Side note: if you want to sex it, get it into a clear container and take a look at the underside, then compare it to this.
or if your not sure post a pic here and we will sex it for ya