Pride & Joy?

Enki40

Arachnopeon
What is the pride and joy from your personal T collection? Also, most of us talk about the T's that we enjoy the most; however, is it any that you are not that fond of in particular? If so, which ones and for what reason? I would say that "pet holes " are the least of my desires....but I have love for them too.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My very first G. rosea... My P. irminia & P. pulcher... My 7.5" L. parahybana... :D Out of all four of these.. None would go anywhere unless I had to sell them..

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My pride and joy(s) is my M. robustum pair(my avatar is the male)

as far as least favorite. Id say B. smithi, only because I am so sensitive to their hairs. but I still love them.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My pride and joy is my a.versicolor, Dumpling. She was my first T ever, and she's mommas special little girl :D

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I absolutely LOVE my largest female C. marshalli. My friend gave her to me as an 1/4 inch sling because she wasn't growing fast enough and in the last nine months she has grown incredibly fast, she is a solid 3.5 inches. Six months or so ago I bought five of her sac mates and none of them have yet to pass 2 inches.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'd never part with my rosea even though she is a pet hole, since she was my first T. nor my boehmei. he's hilarious, always out in the open doing something strange.

most of my collection are slings/juvies growing, and it seems like i have a really hard time wanting to part with any of them. the closest would be my P. murinus, i guess. she's a total hole, i never get to see her even if i get brave occasionally and try to provoke her out in the open.

sn95

Arachnopeon
Pelinobius muticus is probably my pride and joy, with my LP being a very close 2nd. The P. muticus is always making its burrows different. It seems everytime I look in on it there is a new chamber or another tunnel. I don't think I have/had any T's I don't like.

Last edited:

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 1.5" brachpelma albiceps sling that eats like a monster and is gonna look awesome when he/she grows up.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My pride and joy is a dead MM B. albopilosum.

The ones I like the least are Lps...they just don't do it for me.

Cass

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my faviorite are

my versi female who was also my first t
my juvie elegans (i like this one more then my adult female and this ones mother)
my lasio parahybana as it gets big fast and is very bold and often defensive.

Im also starting to like my pulchra juvie more as it should be all black after next molt

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
any of my pamphos are my favorite... and my A bicoloratum female-even my mom held her:D

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All the T's in my first order 4 plus yrs ago, they include

G rosea F, Scylla
B smithi F, Zippo From sling to 4 plus inch babe
E murinus F, Caligula

I have a few high priced T's but these three are my babes.

PIG-

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My pride and joy is my two GBBs, one a 2 inch unsexed, and the other a 5 inch female.

I also love my G. Rosea which was my first T, and she's about 4-5 inches herself.

She's the best pet rock you could own.

The GBBs are my favorite cause they are beautiful, active, and relatively docile. Plus heavy webbers. Gotta love 'em.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My pride and joy would be my Female H. mac, Magdalena which was my 3rd T i ever got and my P. subfusca female...just cuz u gotta love something u'd spend half a months worth of pay to get. :eek:

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to have to say my Male B. smithi, "Marik", who was my first T. I'd also have the say my female P. cambridgei, "River". I just adore her to peices.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love them all, and my pride and joy du jour is Houdini, my smithi - he molted a week ago - isn't he just the handsomest lil' thing you evah did see? Here he is, posing as a wrist watch ...

IMG_1076.JPG

p.s. Houdini was my first T too!

Last edited:

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's impossible to narrow down to one but here are my absolute favorites so far:
Acanthoscurria geniculata- wish I wouldn't have had to sell her
Avicularia diversipes- had four so far
Avicularia metallica- female- first t
Brachypelma albiceps pair
Brachypelma boehmei- female
Brachypelma emilia- female
Ceratogyrus marshalli- female
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens- female
Grammostola pulchra- female
Heteroscodra maculata- female- love her looks and mysterious nature
Poecilotheria regalis- female- favorite pokie so far

Giving some love to my favorite scorps:
Grosphus grandidieri pair
Orthochirus scrobiculosus negebensis- group
Parabuthus transvaalicus- group

Centipede:
Scolopendra subspinipes sp. tiger leg

T's I didn't like:
Brachypelma vagans
Haplopelma lividum
Poecilotheria formosa
Poecilotheria rufilata

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd probably say my largest of my T. gigas and my P. cambridgei. Their colors and visibility are my favorite things about them.

My A. hentzi sling is my least liked. I will probably give it away as a freebie when I sell some scorpions. The slow growth has been a huge turn off and the adult colors just don't do it for me.