Prices .

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
Oh the simple-mindedness of a child. I don't think it's just about Ts though. It's with the sexual reproduction of all living creatures. Get on a pregnancy board and try telling a forum full of women that all they need to do to get pregnant is to have some fun time with their significant others. Compared to that outcome, these guys have been very mature ladies and gents.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hay hay ppl.
although all of you are proberly right and know lot more about breeding then the poster does, and yes ppl say moronic stuff, do you all have to say what you want to say in such an.. assy way?

seriosly would most of you talk the way you do to this guys face?
Yes, I would..

In this case, there are several people that has tried to reason with this guy, because of his postingstyle. And in fact, he started the rudeness some time back, and you can see some of it in this thread as well. We have all just lost patience with him, as there is no way to reason with him. He continues to make bombastic claims, without having the slightest idea what he's talking about, and then he gets pissy when you point out that its wrong. Pretty much everyone who have replied in this thread has tried to talk to him, and I myself have tried, in a nice way, to tell him that its not the way to go. He, however, keeps acting like a pigheaded 5 year old, and we've all pretty much had enough.

So I am treating him like I would anyone - online or not.

flex

Arachnopeon
???

what ever happened to " NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION?"
without people jumping down some one throats !!
regardless of age .... or knowledge !!

*knowledge is handed down , you are never born knowing !!*

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire

*knowledge is handed down , you are never born knowing !!*
In this case it sounded more like a complaint in question form than a genuine question. He didn't care what the answer was. He just wanted things to change to go the way he wants it to go.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its not so much the questions that are dumb, but the assumptions based on no prior experience, stating them as fact i mean that i think people are not liking.

Originally Posted by smallara98 View Post
But metallica is just as easy to breed as any other pokie . Its not hard . They just need to do it . They are just as easy to breed as any other pokie IMO . Same with balfouri .
this jewel for instance...ive bred pokies and have had mixed results. actually just had an ornata and rufilata molt out from many a pairings (and they were fresh when i started intros!). i have had successful pokie hatches in the past, but IMO they are NOT easy. easy is OBTs and avics IME. pokies ive had more trouble with. from what ive read and heard p.metallica seems to be a bit more tricky than others as well.

now im wondering how the OP knows balfouri are just as easy to breed???
i have 5 big females and have gone through like 6 or 7 MMs over the last year and a half with only a dud sac (that was tiny) as a result so far. there is almost NO INFORMATION on breeding these things. and those who have are very tight lipped about any tips or tricks. ive bred a good number of species and consider myself to be pretty experienced in regards to breeding, and can honestly say this species along with t.spinipes has been the most fruitless and frustrating.

some one assuming its easy, and not understanding why the price is still high (because the market bears it yes, but part of the reason being rarity still) and telling you they are a piece of cake to breed just comes off well, wrong. or something. gunno go drink beer.
~M

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
But metallica is just as easy to breed as any other pokie . Its not hard . They just need to do it . Im thinking people dont breed them because they are scared of loosing the male or something . They are just as easy to breed as any other pokie IMO . Same with balfouri . If you have a MM or more and a female (which I know people do) you should breed the . If you do , they're will be more and the price will go down ALOT . I know it already is , but this should be with ALL rare or uncommon ts . We need to breed them alot , sell them out , when those mature , mate them , and sell those slings .
What world are you in??? They are not the easiest at all and IMHO are less aggressive then most pokies when it come to males, I left my MM in with my female for 2 weeks, they ate together, sat in the same burrow together. If these aree so easy to breed why doesn't everyone have a sac?? I got 1 sac and it was ate, I have another gravid female yet to lay (full of eggs) and it is a lot of note taking, being VERY attentive to detail (cage maintenance, when to mist, when not to, feeding ect...). It is kinda of insulting for someone who has never probally breed a pokie, balfouri ect and say it is easy! I have to say I have aseen some of your posts (not all....not trying to puck on you...please understand that) and really had to bite my tongue not to say anything but this time I couldn't. Just because you have a Gravid t doesn't means she will lay either, mine is webbing so maybe she will....but getting a p. metallica not to eat it and be a fertile sac is another story.

Not trying to be mean, but come on :embarrassed:

Last edited:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
But how do you know they are trying so hard ? I know Robc is !
Trying yes, have I got a successful sac yet, nope LOL!!! Other poecilotheria are much easier, trust me. Thats why everyone trying to get a P. metallica sac doesn't always get one LOL!!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
if you really want to learn about breeding Poecilotheria you should search out and read some threads by Talkenlate04. He isn't very active with tarantula breeding any more but in a span of a few years he produced an incredible amount of sacs from several different species of Poecs.
I 100% agree with this statement, I have leaned a GREAT deal from Ryan....I referr to him as the Pokie Master!:clap:

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Why does everyone worship Rob? He just has really good enclosures tutorials, he doesn't teach or inform anyone about anything (Not bad mouthing you Rob, you are way more knowledgeable than I am. I am just not sure about how your fans work.) :?
I have no idea on your first question, but I do reply to over 200+ emails a day on my youtube & facebook pages.

flex

Arachnopeon
Alright then, good to know you are helping. I still think your cages are over-doing it and still do not understand why everyone think you are God of the Tarantula hobby.

i think if u have a chance to keep your tarantulas in the best manner possible so be it ! i dont think it is over-doing it !

as far as a god no he is not ! but from experience he answers all questions & his videos are very informative , most of them ! becuz any data or experience recorded can benefit us all in the long run !!

flex

Arachnopeon
I still think that cage Zilla was in led to her downfall.
I THINK THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT SHE DIED BECUZ OF HER ENCLOSURE !!! * i also find it very disrespectful that you bring this up !!
> i honestly think YOU are just a robC HATER <

please start your own thread about robC somewhere else u are getting off topic !!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it was a one hundred and twenty-five gallon tank split in half right? That is a pretty big drop for a heavy tarantula if it were to climb. I am not saying it did that is just my opinion and my thoughts on the matter.
Dude no respect,think before you type. I guess in the wild that got refs out there trowing up penalty flags for T's climbing to high?The survived for millions with out your comments...............

flex

Arachnopeon
I think it was a one hundred and twenty-five gallon tank split in half right? That is a pretty big drop for a heavy tarantula if it were to climb. I am not saying it did that is just my opinion and my thoughts on the matter.

I am not even sure where to start on this, I am not a Robc hater. He has done many great things when it comes to breeding and I respect him for that. Some things he has done in the past I think were silly, but that is exactly that, the past. Why would you find it disrespectful? You do not know him personally or have anything to do with him outside of his videos. If Rob finds this as an attack against him or in any way disrespectful than I will delete it.

IF U SEE THE VIDEO HE MADE WHEN SHE PASSED YOU WOULD NOT BE TYPING SUCH GARBAGE.... she had a bulge ! not a rupture in her abdomen , so i highly doubt that a fall did that ! :embarrassed:

i do not know him , but respect him for how he keeps his animals & the way he is willing to help others !

what size tank would you have kept a T that size ?
becuz since u would not over due it , what would it be a ? 10gal ?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They also survived millions of years without your birth. Go search "Dropped Tarantula" and see how many people you see that either dropped theirs, or theirs fell from too high and had a ruptured abdomen.
Yeah Yeah OK I am done here not much on back and forth debating
I learned a lot from ROBC and a great benefit to the hobby and do not like the fact of someone bashing his choice of him keeping his T's,to each is own......

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what size tank would you have kept a T that size ?
becuz since u would not over due it , what would it be a ? 10gal ?
Maybe a ten but probably a twenty gallon. I would probably want to display a T that size.

EDIT: I am deleting previous posts to reduce the argument. Rob if you see this and wondering what I said and would like to know you are free to send me a PM.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, if not having the T out on constant display is the better option for the T in question, I would think that to be the obvious option.

And you go way too far. Not wanting to start an arguement? If you didn't you wouldn't have worded yourself in the way you did. Mentioning something like that in a thread about prices about completly different T's show quite clearly you are not after anything but arguement.

There is a time and a place for everything, and you missed both.