Price check please!

frankinthecity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello everyone!

just a quick question,

how much would be a eucratocelus pachypus sling?

Thank you!!

Francois

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Having just done a google search for you, it depends on the size. But your looking at $3 - $5 for a 2-3cm sling.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
frankinthecity said:
Hello everyone!

just a quick question,

how much would be a eucratocelus pachypus sling?

Thank you!!

Francois
Good luck finding someone that has them, all that I have seen are W/C sub-adults to adults, I have been trying to get a male so I can try to bring a few C/B's of these into the hobby... Greg

MilkmanWes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I lucked into what I think is a male E. pachypus. It's back legs are more proportional to the rest of the legs, and they do not appear to be in the process of regenerating. Here is hoping!

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
Good luck finding someone that has them, all that I have seen are W/C sub-adults to adults, I have been trying to get a male so I can try to bring a few C/B's of these into the hobby... Greg
You can pretty much get them anywhere here in the UK, Bearskin..
It's one of the few T's I havn't got, I'm not really a big fan of them.. Those back legs do nothing for me :eek:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can pretty much get them anywhere here in the UK, Bearskin..
Are slings of this species really that commen in the UK? Just curious.

I would like to have some CB slings of this species, but won't buy the WC adults. I think I only have like 3 WC individuals in my entire collection.

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They sure are GoTerps. Every store I go to has CB E. pachypus slings.
I just checked some UK suppliers on the net too, but this time I couldn't find any ;) Murphy's law..
But usually they are readily available at good prices too.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Interesting. Do you happen to know if most of these slings are captive born (the result of WC females dropping sacs) or are they being regularly bred?

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Difficult to say, as I havn't actually purchased any and discussed them with owners and such. They are advertised as captive bred, but thats about all the information I have about them. I'll have another look around and see what I can find and post it back here, be great for you if you could get them shipped over to you. ;)

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Weird, I am kind of on the same impression as GoTerps here... I can only think of one successful breeding of that species in captivity, there might be a few more, but it would only be a handful... there might have been some WC females dropping sac though...

Here is a rare sight... I mated these yesterday...

I think this has to be one of the most underated species in the hobby... freshly molted females are absolutly gorgeous...

Martin

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ah yes that's right... I remembered reading an article on breeding this species, just couldn't remember where. BTS journal 19-3.

frankinthecity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dr Pies said:
Having just done a google search for you, it depends on the size. But your looking at $3 - $5 for a 2-3cm sling.
thank you Dr. Pies, i should have specified it was for north america, sling for this species are pretty rare here. i had a WC female (like everyone else, hehe) but she didnt survive, mites got her.

tarcan said:
Weird, I am kind of on the same impression as GoTerps here... I can only think of one successful breeding of that species in captivity, there might be a few more, but it would only be a handful... there might have been some WC females dropping sac though...

Here is a rare sight... I mated these yesterday...
Gratz Martin!! very nice pics!! :worship: hopefully everything will go well, good luck!

So, considering the rarety of the sling in north america, can someone help me answer the original question? i just want to know if i should start saving now :D

sorry for my bad english :8o

Francois

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
frankinthecity said:
So, considering the rarety of the sling in north america, can someone help me answer the original question? i just want to know if i should start saving now :D

sorry for my bad english :8o

Francois
Well like I said in my first post I really don't think there are any C/B of this species out there but when someone does get a sac they will probably be in the $25-$30 range would be my guess... I am with Martin, way under rated these little guys are, and good luck with the mating... Greg

Rico

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MilkmanWes said:
I lucked into what I think is a male E. pachypus. It's back legs are more proportional to the rest of the legs, and they do not appear to be in the process of regenerating. Here is hoping!

frankinthecity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
Well like I said in my first post I really don't think there are any C/B of this species out there but when someone does get a sac they will probably be in the $25-$30 range would be my guess... I am with Martin, way under rated these little guys are, and good luck with the mating... Greg
thank you greg, you helped me figure it out {D , i guess its offer and demand, the offer would be like none to very rare, which would raise the price, however, the demand is not that high, since they are under rated, so normal sling here in canada are average 30-40$, it would go around 50-60 i think....

Francois

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was given a mature male on a breeding loan last night so today I decided the let him meet my females, first was my larger female she is right around 4" very good size stout leg anyway I got nothing from either one of the 2 after maybe 15-20 minutes together so I threw him in with my smaller female she is around 3" and he immediately started to quiver and drum as he walked up on her she was face first in a hole so he started to drum on her backside this went on for about 5 minutes she finally came out and ran straight up the side and out this went on for some time also well to get to the point they did finally hook up and stayed hooked up for around 20-25 minutes when he finally released her he just calmly walked away and she did not chase after him, was a very gentle mating...
Not a very good picture but where they were was not the best for taking a picture...Greg

Attachments

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GoTerps said:
Sweet Greg! If you get slings 5 are mine!!! haha :)
As you well know that is the easy part... But if I am luck enough to get a few slings from this I have your order marked down Eric...