Pretty sure my scorpion is dead, but he doesn’t smell

MyHoeAcademia

Arachnopeon
I’ve been anxiously waiting for over a month in hopes that’s my Asian forest scorpion will move again. From what I’ve seen people say that the only way you can really tell that a scorpion is dead is by waiting until it smells like rotting, but I’ve yet to smell anything other than the soil in his tank. I’ve had him for over a year and have no clue how old he is- he hasn’t molted at all though so he’s probably up there in age. Just really worried, I love my angry Aries and have had nightmares that I buried him alive so I’m terrified of doing so. Even my animal science teacher from high school doesn’t really have an answer. Same with my friend and his wife who breed them. I’m scared to try and move him for fear of hurting him, however last time I did he didn’t react at all. This <edit> SUCKS

ignithium

Arachnoknight
I’ve been anxiously waiting for over a month in hopes that’s my Asian forest scorpion will move again. From what I’ve seen people say that the only way you can really tell that a scorpion is dead is by waiting until it smells like rotting, but I’ve yet to smell anything other than the soil in his tank. I’ve had him for over a year and have no clue how old he is- he hasn’t molted at all though so he’s probably up there in age. Just really worried, I love my angry Aries and have had nightmares that I buried him alive so I’m terrified of doing so. Even my animal science teacher from high school doesn’t really have an answer. Same with my friend and his wife who breed them. I’m scared to try and move him for fear of hurting him, however last time I did he didn’t react at all. This <edit> SUCKS
there a lot of ways to force a reaction from living animal -- flip on its back, place in water, or near flame/smoke

scorpion tail usually lies flat with no curve when it is dead

i dont recommend the method which i stated above, just mentioning that there is plenty way to force animal to move

better is just pick it up by tail and see if it move at all

but if tail is flat it probably dead

and either way if its dead it will be limp, so for example if u try to pick it up it will flop

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Stared at it for a month because you were scared to bury a scorpion who lives underground to begin with?lol

It's likely very dead if it doesn't move at all. And it's likely just dried up if there's no added moisture. It won't smell.ur only gona get smell.from.a rotting moldy specimen