Prettiest Brachypelma?

SpiderQueen666

Arachnopeon
Which Brachy is the most breath taking of the Brachys? I ask this because I was looking through the Gallery and each time I "turned" the page I was impressed with their beauty.
If you own one or more show us some pics. I have a B. smithi sling and I'm waiting for the colors to bloom on "her- I hope its a her".
Thanks,
Brian
I like the flame knee. B.auratum the best

Kitara

Arachnodemon
LOL 10 year old thread! Some people need to go back and answer again because they are no longer Brachypelmas. :rofl:

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
All of them! But I am biased due to my name on the board lol.

I really like klaasi and auratum :) I'll go with auratum due to no one mentioning them yet :D

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Well, now that this thread is resurrected, I say klaasi followed closely by emilia. Until recently I would have added Brachypelma (now Tliltocatl) schroederi - love black T's. Honorable mention goes to B. albiceps.

Last edited:

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With the recent revision, it is easier than ever. Prettiest IMO goes to B. boehmei. It is the first Brachy that I obtained, so I am a bit biased towards it. Generally out and about and gorgeous to look at. If only she wouldn't be so prone to flick those hairs. Currently, she looks a bit rough, but I'm quite sure she'll molt at some point this year.

My Dream T is still the B. klaasi. One of these days... Wouldn't say no to an emilia and an albiceps. Those along with my current boehmei and hamorii would make my hand-sized collection of Brachypelma perfect.

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
auratum, then boehmei but they're all just so darn expensive if you want to get straight in at adult female level.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
but they're all just so darn expensive if you want to get straight in at adult female level
I got lucky last year (2018) and found 2 inch female klaasi for $150 and emilia for $100, but haven't been able to contact the seller since. Also got a 2 inch female Sericopelma rubronitens for $80 in the same deal. Prices like that don't happen often though, at least in the US.

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
But being such slow growers, if you only want in at 4.5"+ females, these days you're talking upwards of $300.