Prettier as slings...

sasker

Arachnoprince
Pamphobeteus sp are indeed gorgeous as slings (most of 'em). Perhaps adults may not be as beautifully colored as slings, but their sheer size makes more than up for this. IMO - when it comes to spiders - big is beautiful!! :happy:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Pamphobeteus sp are indeed gorgeous as slings (most of 'em). Perhaps adults may not be as beautifully colored as slings, but their sheer size makes more than up for this. IMO - when it comes to spiders - big is beautiful!! :happy:
Aye aye meat pie. It's like when some say "Goliaths are just big brown T's". Er well yes. They're BIG.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Aye aye meat pie. It's like when some say "Goliaths are just big brown T's". Er well yes. They're BIG.
Also I think the solid color of the Goliaths makes them more intimidating. In my mind, they're more what you think of as a "big scary spider". The other tarantulas with their various colors actually makes them less so.

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
if you dont like mirror patches, stay away from literally 50% of the species in the hobby.
I already stay away from 90% of them as there are only a handful of tarantulas I find attractive and want to keep. Good for my wallet I guess.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think you don't own enough Avics, in fact I know you don't! There's a slew of Avic slings that are not nearly as pretty as the adults, or even juvie. A. purpurea is one example. Who wants a gray sling when they can have a purple T!
U fool! You know how many damn avics I have!!! Too many that's how many!! Lol
Plus they always look the same as adults! (Cue the angry mob!!)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
U fool! You know how many damn avics I have!!! Too many that's how many!! Lol
Plus they always look the same as adults! (Cue the angry mob!!)
I do know---not enough.

And by your last statement either:

1. Definitely not enough
2. You don't look enough
3. You are color blind-- have you been tested for color blindness-- this would explain a lot, you may need to be tested! What colors do you see here >> Green and Red

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
I do know---not enough.

1. Definitely not enough
2. You don't look enough
3. You are color blind-- have you been tested for color blindness-- this would explain a lot, you may need to be tested! What colors do you see here >> Green and Red
I can vouch for #3. There are many species that other people fawn over that I think look kind of blah. I basically have to stick to blues or really bright reds (B. boehmei). I have a hard time differentiating (within category) between anything that is green, brown, pink, or purple. I really need contrast in my Ts. I can barely tell the difference between a G. rosea and a B. albopilosum based on color. Most of the more common Avics look the same to me. As far as I'm concerned, with the exception of A. moderatum, that genus might as well just be called A. sp. "Brown."

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can vouch for #3. There are many species that other people fawn over that I think look kind of blah. I basically have to stick to blues or really bright reds (B. boehmei). I have a hard time differentiating (within category) between anything that is green, brown, pink, or purple. I really need contrast in my Ts. I can barely tell the difference between a G. rosea and a B. albopilosum based on color. Most of the more common Avics look the same to me. As far as I'm concerned, with the exception of A. moderatum, that genus might as well just be called A. sp. "Brown."
You just need a pair of these http://enchroma.com/

I know someone that uses these, at least I think it's that brand, worked wonders. I put them on, and I don't have color blindness, it was pretty interesting, some colors were a lot brighter!

The funny thing is he's an electrician, and definitely needs them for his job.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I do know---not enough.

1. Definitely not enough
2. You don't look enough
Oh shut it LOL!! You know I have like four slings, one juvie and one adult... i'll have to admit they are pretty adorable as babies. But they get so boring when they're adults… They all look the damn same LOL

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh shut it LOL!! You know I have like four slings, one juvie and one adult... i'll have to admit they are pretty adorable as babies. But they get so boring when they're adults… They all look the damn same LOL
Please refer back to post #36 for more wisdom.

Saying what you said, is like saying all Poki's look the same haha