Prettier as slings...

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok, so today my Pampho molted from a colorful sling with that cute zig zag booty to dark and much less attractive.

I've noticed that a lot of times usually the adult is prettier than the sling, but I'm learning more and more as my slings become juvies and then adults that often it is the sling that is much prettier (for example, avics).

So, according to you all, which Ts do u find to be more visually appealing as slings than juvie/adult?? (This is not counting when males mature - we all know 99% of them are uglier as their mature female counterparts).

I guess I just wanna know as a heads up for the next time I buy slings lol...

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Gbb slings/juvies look awesome and then turn kind of eccentric IMO.

I love C.versicolor as both sling and adult but gun to my head I would choose the sling coloration.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Y. diversipes comes to mind, but I still think they're gorgeous as adults. I love the understated rainbow coloration on mature specimens.

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
Caribena spp.
Ybyrapora spp.
Pachistopelma spp.
Ephebopus spp. (Besides murinus)
Iridopelma spp.
Harpactira pulchripes
Neoholothele incei

Just off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll think of more.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gbb slings/juvies look awesome and then turn kind of eccentric IMO.
Honestly one of my favorite things about GBBs is that every month is a different color. And I kind of like the adult outcome. Well the female version. The blue kind of turns to a black and the bright orange hairs in care of this dial out a lot once those guys hook out sadly

basin79

ArachnoGod
Caribena Versicolor look their best as adults in my book. My lass is unbelievably gorgeous and knocks all 8 socks off slings.

obie

Arachnosquire
nope female. paid 80 bucks for her as a sling, i dont belive its the green either but thats what it was sold as

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
Caribena Versicolor look their best as adults in my book. My lass is unbelievably gorgeous and knocks all 8 socks off slings.
Except for the bald spot on the backside... That completely ruined it for me. :vomit:

They're still attractive spiders though, just not aesthetically perfect.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That's not an adult in that picture is it? I think you're gonna ruin Grammastola pulchripes for me as well. :vomit:
How dare you insult the Queen. Prepare to die for your crimes, infidel - *ahem* *cough* That's just my 2.5" juvie Regina. And her mirror patch just looks like a silver stripe with the naked eye. A flashlight brings it out.

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I think Theraphosa sp are much better looking as slings. Given the adults are gorgeous too, the pink feet on both stirmi and apophysis are so cute! Other than that, only other I could think of are Phormictopus species if you like blue. IMO I love P. cancerides pink/bronze, but the slings are stunning too :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it is the sling that is much prettier (for example, avics).
I think you don't own enough Avics, in fact I know you don't! There's a slew of Avic slings that are not nearly as pretty as the adults, or even juvie. A. purpurea is one example. Who wants a gray sling when they can have a purple T!