Preserving sling

Cecilia

Arachnopeon
So I had a .75" C. versicolor sling die yesterday, I only had it for four days but it wasnt in the best shape when it came to me but anyway I want to preserve it by pinning. How would I go about doing that as its tiny, should I remove its insides? If so how would I do that when it's so small lmao. I cant find any videos on pinning tarantula slings so if you could help me out or link any videos it would be greatly appreciated.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I would pin it and then use silica beads/sand to dry it! I'm currently using that method to preserve an adult A. avic and the drying is going well

DustyD

Arachnoknight
I would pin it and then use silica beads/sand to dry it! I'm currently using that method to preserve an adult A. avic and the drying is going well
I would be interested in seeing the end results I have a MM G. porteri that I may want to preserve. I have just started researching and not sure what way to go. Dried or enclosed in some kind of rubber/plastic material.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I would be interested in seeing the end results I have a MM G. porteri that I may want to preserve. I have just started researching and not sure what way to go. Dried or enclosed in some kind of rubber/plastic material.
I will say the abdomen has caved in quite a bit, so it's definitely not the most "life-like" technique. But personally I don't have the stomach to dissect my beloved pets postmortem in order to taxidermy the abdomen. I'll post pics in a dedicated thread when the final results are in 👍🏻