Preparing for new arrival

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I tried something new by adding a fake plant that can be removed easily if things should go awry. I also am doing a peat/sphagnum/coco fiber combo that I don't usually do. The mystery T will be here in a few days and I don't want to spoil the surprise just so all of you have to wait to know just like I have to wait for it to get here! :spitoutdummy:

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If you want feedback on your enclosure being suitable for your T, we are going to need the species....
Or did you just post for sharing the good news?
It looks arboreal. Avicularia probably.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
If you want feedback on your enclosure being suitable for your T, we are going to need the species....
Or did you just post for sharing the good news?
It looks arboreal. Avicularia probably.
Yeah it was more of a good news post. And it's not for an Avic.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Yeah it was more of a good news post. And it's not for an Avic.
My bad, should have checked your profile first...sometimes people's profile reads arachnopeon, but they actually are not new keepers at all. Sorry for presuming....:shy:

cold blood

Staff member
If its for arboreal, the wood should be larger and more plants should be added...er, another plant....where the plants go will depend on the species...generally avics need higher plants than this (which is the only thing we know it isn't), for most others not directly related to avics, another at ground level would be great.....Judging by the set up, whatever is coming isn't a terrestrial.

I don't get the secrecy of the species, I doubt very many people are on the edge of their seat wondering.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Depends. IMO seems a good work, man. If the sling is a very little one ('sling' definition sizes sometimes is debatable) like a (example) genus Psalmopoeus one, will work. Sure, cold blood is right saying to add more plants and a larger wood but no matter, will work.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I don't get the secrecy of the species, I doubt very many people are on the edge of their seat wondering.
I'm just trying to add some zazz to my post. I'm very aware that most of you are probably as uninterested as my wife is, hah. Good note on the cork, I did notice it was smaller than the others that I have but it is my last piece. I do have a large piece that I can saw though to make something more sufficient.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I am so glad this guy made it safely, apparently the delivery man did not see the instructions to bring the package to the front office of my apartments. Instead he put it in the parcel box! That package was sitting outside for maybe 5 hours during the hottest time of the day and I was so worried I would have been at fault of a terrible DOA. When I got off work I raced home to find it still alive and very active, which was a relief.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
water dish?? i always throw a little cap of water in my deli cup set ups.
high land is the way to go btw. ;) but lowlands not so bad either.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
water dish?? i always throw a little cap of water in my deli cup set ups.
high land is the way to go btw. ;) but lowlands not so bad either.
I put the water dish(water bottle cap) in after I got the T in the enclosure. It even drank some already which doesn't surprise me.

Based off of photos I decided LL was more appealing to me. why do you prefer HL just out of curiosity?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I put the water dish(water bottle cap) in after I got the T in the enclosure. It even drank some already which doesn't surprise me.

Based off of photos I decided LL was more appealing to me. why do you prefer HL just out of curiosity?
well, ive never owned lowland, but my highland is on par with my metallica for colors and patterns. bit of purple under the flash too. really nice looking.

cold blood

Staff member
@cold blood aren't you glad I kept it a secret?! :astonished: Were you secretly wondering what species it was going to be?
So glad to finally know..at least I will be able to sleep tonight.
well, ive never owned lowland, but my highland is on par with my metallica for colors and patterns. bit of purple under the flash too. really nice looking.
I think its how the darker colors contrast...they're just so striking as a result.