Premoult Avicularia avicularia?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I'm not that familiar with Avics in premoult. Does this look like my avic is in premoult? The guy I got him/her from said that they moulted last August/September, but I'm not sure if he really remembered... he was hesitant about it. He also said that s/he was about four years old.
S/he is eating normally - two to four medium/large crickets per week.
_DSC6748-2.jpg
_DSC6750-2.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice pic. I wouldn't call it pre-molt. It depends on what one considers pre-molt. I've seen so many people with their own definitions. I have Avics with a greater "bald" spot, still eating with no sign of molting in the immediate future. In this case, the Avic is an A. geroldi, female.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Avics sliding down the glass when in premolt is my favorite spider slapstick. Could be premolt, but IMO behavior is the best indicator for them.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
A couple of weeks ago they were starting to web up a lot. A couple of times I caught them laying on their back in their web with their legs hanging down. I thought that they would moult then. Nope, they were just lounging around. They went back to eating and acting normally. I've looked through a lot of photos of them and I couldn't decide whether their abdomens looking like that was normal. I've never given them reason to be removing their hairs.
They aren't sliding down the side of the enclosure at all. My other little avic wasn't sliding down the walls before moulting, but she is a lot smaller. I wasn't sure if all of them did that.