Premolt ?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Pre molt or not, no one can be 100% sure but tarantula itself.

But the abdomen surely looks plump, and shiny in my opinion.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Its impossible to tell. Also, they can be in "premolt" for months and not molt. I have two that look very much like that and I'm pretty confident they are not in premolt. When mine molt, the whole abdomen darkened up, but could just be the species. To me, that still looks really light.

CarlixTomix

Arachnopeon
Obese spiders look so weird and unnatural, that's why I prefer feeding them based on opisthosoma size.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Obese spiders look so weird and unnatural, that's why I prefer feeding them based on opisthosoma size.
True for older spiders. You can't overfeed slings that size of the OP's. Their only goal at that stage in life is to eat and not get eaten.

Spider937372

Arachnopeon
Heh what can I say... I like big butts and I can not lie :plot:

In my defence though, although I've made sure there's fresh pre-killed food in her enclosure all the time, I don't think she's really grown like this recently. Pretty much the size I got her in from the dealer I believe, give or take.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Heh what can I say... I like big butts and I can not lie :plot:

In my defence though, although I've made sure there's fresh pre-killed food in her enclosure all the time, I don't think she's really grown like this recently. Pretty much the size I got her in from the dealer I believe, give or take.
I would not leave food in the enclosure all the time. You're inviting a mold or mite problem. Leave some pre-killed food twice a week and remove whatever is uneaten after 24 hours.