Premolt

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I can’t tell, but from what I can see, it appears you have quite a bit of height from the substrate to the lid. If so, consider adding more sub and reducing any fall risk. A chunky girl like that takes a fall, it’s not going to be good. Also.. if you just got her and did a rehouse, it can take time to settle in before eating.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just observe and enjoy. No need to be concerned if in pre-molt.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those speicies grows and moult so slow that a fat abdomen is not an indicator of premoult. My guess is that the spider is fasting. These speicies fasts even that they are not in what we call premoult. But of course, it can be premoult? But it is not automaticly premoult because the spider is plump and not eating
If it was a A geniculata with plump abdomen and that suddenly stopoed eating for a extended period, one could assume it is in premoult. With a B hamorii, not so much.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Hi, I just got my brachypelma hamorii and I am new to the Tarantula hobby. She won't eat and I am not sure if she is in a premolt maybe help me out?
That T is most certainly in premoult! And judging by the colour of its abdomen it will moult fairly soon (-ish). No need to feed until she has moulted, and then wait at least 14 days before you try to feed her.
For now, just make sure she has easy access to clean unobstructed water. :)

Lilith the Tarantula

Arachnopeon
That T is most certainly in premoult! And judging by the colour of its abdomen it will moult fairly soon (-ish). No need to feed until she has moulted, and then wait at least 14 days before you try to feed her.
For now, just make sure she has easy access to clean unobstructed water. :)
Thank you very much!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Very much in pre-moult. You can see the skin under the urticating hair patch is black. When not in pre-moult, this skin is...well, skin-toned :D
As the moulting nears, the skin will grow darker until solid black, and then gets shiny. From that stage, it usually is a matter of days or weeks until moulting, depending on the size of the spider.

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
I can’t tell, but from what I can see, it appears you have quite a bit of height from the substrate to the lid. If so, consider adding more sub and reducing any fall risk. A chunky girl like that takes a fall, it’s not going to be good. Also.. if you just got her and did a rehouse, it can take time to settle in before eating.
Definitely this, re: substrate depth. You can see the plastic framing of the enclosure is at level with the substrate, unless this is a VERY short enclosure (which given the decor I can tell it isn't) you need to increase substrate. The total distance from the surface of the substrate to the lid should be no more than 1.5 times the spider's diagonal leg span.

I would strongly encourage you to read this thread and the relevant links therein

Lilith the Tarantula

Arachnopeon
Definitely this, re: substrate depth. You can see the plastic framing of the enclosure is at level with the substrate, unless this is a VERY short enclosure (which given the decor I can tell it isn't) you need to increase substrate. The total distance from the surface of the substrate to the lid should be no more than 1.5 times the spider's diagonal leg span.

I would strongly encourage you to read this thread and the relevant links therein

Thank you very much and I will see to it!