PreMolt?

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
This is my GBB sling, first T ever, I received her on the 18th of last month. She's one of my favorites. Anyhow, I'm hoping this is a sign of PreMolt and not just a bald spot from her kicking hairs, I've only seen her do that once. What do y'all think? On the verge of a molt?

She also had hasn't been eating and today she's been very lethargic so please confirm! I'm super stoked! Haha.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Sorry I'm having trouble uploading the pic, just bad connection I think. Give me a minute.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Anyhow, I'm hoping this is a sign of PreMolt and not just a bald spot from her kicking hairs, I've only seen her do that once. What do y'all think? On the verge of a molt?
Are you talking about that shiny patch on the abdomen? That is just the "mirror patch" where its urticating hairs are. (You can see the difference under the right lighting, such as a camera flash hitting at certain angles.)

She also had hasn't been eating and today she's been very lethargic so please confirm!
That being said, if she is refusing food (GBBs rarely refuse food otherwise), that is a classic sign of pre-molt.

They molt fairly often as slings, so if she has never molted in your care, you may be about to experience your first molt.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
No, she's never molted in my care and she's acting slightly weird so I hope it comes soon.

And yes, I was asking about the mirror patch, thanks, another guy mentioned it in another thread about GBBs. I think I just really noticed it lately because she's gotten much more plump recently.

AshS

Arachnosquire
Looking at the size and shape of the Opisthoma, I would say definitely Pre-molt.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Looking at the size and shape of the Opisthoma, I would say definitely Pre-molt.
Thanks, AshS!

I'm inclined to agree as she has been VERY lethargic especially today, I dropped a droplet of water on her webbing and now I'm leaving her be for a few days.

AshS

Arachnosquire
Thanks, AshS!

I'm inclined to agree as she has been VERY lethargic especially today, I dropped a droplet of water on her webbing and now I'm leaving her be for a few days.
Yeah just leave her be and see what she does, could be a few days, or weeks. She is gorgeous by the way.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Thank you! She's one of my favorite Ts! Really hope she's a she! If not I'll have to find him a good lovin woman!