Premolt?

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
She's been webbing up this one little area and hasn't been moving much only when I get her to drink some water image.jpg

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When you get her to drink some water? She can get water on her own, she doesn't need you to make her do what her basic instincts already tell her to do.

If she's been recently rehoused, then she could be just settling in and making her home. If she's webbing the entrance of the hide then she wants to be left alone. Could be premolt, could be stress. Just leave her alone, she knows what she's doing. She'll come out if she wants.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What species is this?

@Misty Day hit the nail on the head. Whay exactly do you mean by getting it to drink? These aren't pets that will entertain you very often, just let it do its spidery thing.

Brand fhp

Arachnopeon
What species is this?

@Misty Day hit the nail on the head. Whay exactly do you mean by getting it to drink? These aren't pets that will entertain you very often, just let it do its spidery thing.[/QUOTEi found mites in her old enclosure so I put her in a temporary enclosure, so I made sure she found her way to the water i don't sit there poking at her all day I am completely aware that they aren't supposed to be messed with I just wanted to know, I care about my T

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
A tarantula will never have trouble finding water. If you've supplied a water dish, it will find the dish without your help. I understand that you care about your spider, but also understand that the last thing a spider will want to do after being bothered is drink. Don't worry so much, they've survived millions of years without the help of humans. They can continue to do so.