Premolt-Questions-Recommendations

CrotchGremlin

Arachnopeon
Can anyone tell me the Signs of Pre-Molt.
the back of my rose haired tarantulas abdomen is dry & kind of bald.
my tarantula is not a hair kicker at all. Is this a Sign of Pre-Molt.
My tarantula Just matured to an Adult Male So Im thinking that this will be Its last molt.
Im pretty Sure that this is the Sign of Pre-Molt because everytime my t's abdomen has Gotten dry & bald its molted Some time after that.

Question: Is the Chaco Golden knee tarantula a Slow Grower?
Question: Can anyone Compair the bite between the Cobalt blue & the Goliath birdeater blondi, Witch Is Worse.

Also: Does anyone have any Recommendations for (Large tarantulas) for Beginners.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my tarantula is not a hair kicker at all. Is this a Sign of Pre-Molt.
My tarantula Just matured to an Adult Male So Im thinking that this will be Its last molt.
Im pretty Sure that this is the Sign of Pre-Molt because everytime my t's abdomen has Gotten dry & bald its molted Some time after that.

Question: Can anyone Compair the bite between the Cobalt blue & the Goliath birdeater blondi, Witch Is Worse.

Also: Does anyone have any Recommendations for (Large tarantulas) for Beginners.
*What do you mean by a dry abdomen? If it has stiveled up some bit, then she is dehydrated. Always make sure you have a clean water dish full of water in there for her.
* For the bald abdomen, only when you see it start to darker, then it is approaching a molt. If it is still tan, shes got a little time. Haven a bald abdomen is a sign to a stressed out tarantula mostly.
*Once males mature, yes it is there last molt. Also he will only live for a short time now, be sure and fine him some pootnany. ;) (What species is it?)
Q 1- They grow about med speed.
Q 2- Ive never been biten by any of these species. If you are comparing the bite between the adult tarantulas, then I'd think the goliath would win that one. A mature female goliaths fangs get pretty large.

For the recom. thing, I'd choose a Hatian Brown tarantula, fairly docile and they can reach sizes of 7"+. Hope some of this helps!

Austin

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
*What do you mean by a dry abdomen? If it has stiveled up some bit, then she is dehydrated. Always make sure you have a clean water dish full of water in there for her.
* For the bald abdomen, only when you see it start to darker, then it is approaching a molt. If it is still tan, shes got a little time. Haven a bald abdomen is a sign to a stressed out tarantula mostly.
*Once males mature, yes it is there last molt. Also he will only live for a short time now, be sure and fine him some pootnany. ;) (What species is it?)
Q 1- They grow about med speed.
Q 2- Ive never been biten by any of these species. If you are comparing the bite between the adult tarantulas, then I'd think the goliath would win that one. A mature female goliaths fangs get pretty large.

For the recom. thing, I'd choose a Hatian Brown tarantula, fairly docile and they can reach sizes of 7"+. Hope some of this helps!

Austin

I don't know what kind of Haitian Brown Tarantula (Phormictopus cancerides)
you have but these are not docile at all especially when they get to adult size at 9 inches. and they are not for beginners at all.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh crap, for some weird reason I put that b/c I just purchased one.... What I was wanting to actually put was the genus Brachypelma are fairly docile. B. emilia is a good one. Haha thank you for catching that!!

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The "dry and bald" patch on the back of your rosehair is almost certainly the mirror patch. Here's another thread about it...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=82230

I have two from the same sac. One of them has grown incredibly quickly, and the other much more slowly. All-in-all, I'd say they are on the moderate to slow side.

I'm not sure if you've checked out the Bite Report forum or not, but it may offer you some insight.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Does anyone have any Recommendations for (Large tarantulas) for Beginners.
For a beginner, I'd suggest a Grammostola aureostriata (Chaco Golden Knee) or a Lasiodora parahybana.

Last edited: